All reviews black swans royalist suite wedding party the general manager homemade biscuits four poster bed four star bride and groom old building lovely hotel function room couldn't fault wedding breakfast following morning little touches wedding reception lovely room
Reviewed 7 April 2017

We have just spent two nights back at Albright Hussey in the old part of building which we love. It is 20 years since we last stayed with our young son. It is lovely to see the same family running this hotel and we remember on our first visit for lunch being shown around the bedrooms around 25 years ago before they were even open. I would always recommend the old part of the house to stay through choice. We had two evening meals, in the beautiful dining room which we much enjoyed. We won't leave it so long next time. It was extremely relaxing. Thank you.

Room Tip: Royalist, Hussey or Regency
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Sarah S
Reviewed 5 April 2017 via mobile

Visited to attend a function last weekend and albeit we found the venue to be full of character with lovely views and gardens we found the food during our evening to let it down - very disappointing!
Bedroom refreshments were also poor as neither of us drink hot drinks and there were two tiny, self packaged biscuits which were tasteless
Nice views but nothing local to walk out to really

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank nixwhite
Reviewed 4 April 2017

Arrived late afternoon on friday 31 march hotel looked lovely from the outside nice to walk round the grounds and see the ducks, black swans and the horses. Check-in was quick and hassle-free. Room was easy to find and was cleaned to a high standard and had everything i needed for a two night stay plenty of tea and coffee some handmade biscuits, mints, hairdryer, tv, en-suite facilities and a big comfy bed and lovely views out onto fields at the side of the hotel overlooking the carpark.

We didn't eat here the first night but we had a few drinks in the lounge bar where we met Malcolm one of the waiters who was so nice and friendly and who went out of his way to entertain my nephew Joshua by finding him cardboard boxes, stirrers and napkins to play with. Breakfast the following morning was lovely and just what we needed to keep us going throughout the day and again Malcolm was on shift and noticed that one of our party wasn't feeling 100% due to a dose of the cold and after chatting away to us asked if they would like a hot fresh lemon and honey drink to help soothe his throat - lovely guy and fantastic customer service.

We had a wedding reception on the saturday evening in the main function room. The food was lovely, very tasty and well presented - everyone had a great time and enjoyed their weekend away!!

Thanks Albright Hussey Manor Hotel - great hotel with friendly, hard-working staff and lovely surroundings :-)

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 March 2017

There are a group of us who, each year, have a weekend away. Friday night is a smart casual meal and Saturday night is a black tie event. We usually take over a small hotel with about 23 bedrooms. The accommodation has to be of a certain standard and the food has to be top drawer. My wife and I have been party to this for some 6 years and this must be one of the best venues thus far.
Friday's evening meal was excellent but the portions were perhaps over-generous. The service was superb with the manager assisting with his humorous asides.
Saturday's meal was an excellent banquet - the wine sauce on the Rossini was sensational -.
Breakfasts were standard buffet breakfasts and very acceptable.
All the staff were cheerful and helpful and the hotel was spotlessly clean.
The best room in the hotel is The Hussey Suite, and if you look at the front elevation on the web site both the top windows in the black and white portion of the picture are in that suite. Apart from an enormous four poster bed there were 12 other pieces of furniture still with plenty of room. In addition, in the adjoining en suite apart from the normal WC, basin, and bidet, there was a large jaccuzi bath within a four-poster setting.
From the web site you will see that the building dates from the fifteen hundreds. The owners have combined this comfortable and ancient building seamlessly with modern comforts.
To the side is a modern but very sympathetically constructed extension with more modern rooms.

Room Tip: The bedrooms command views over the Shropshire plain and across to Wales,as does the comfortable terrace.
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 March 2017 via mobile

We were a group of 40 and stayed for 2 nights. 20 couples all arriving at times from 3pm to 8pm My first impression on arrival was, what an AMAZING looking venue. The check in was most welcoming with the young lady offering to carry our (my wife and I) cases up to our room. We had a standard double room with everything we required. Our (the 40 of us) first nights evening meal we had pre booked from a choice of 3 starters, 3 main courses and 3 desserts, a number of the party had ordered the rib eye steak (some rare, medium or well done) and we all got served at the same time!, mine was excellent and similar comments were made from the rest of the party. All of the waiting staff were pleasant and efficient. The wine list was extensive at sensible prices.

After a good nights sleep, a hearty breakfast buffet style but kippers and haddock were available on request which some of the party had. The restaurant is set in the old part of the hotel and oozes character. We were leaving our room to spend the day out when a member of staff who was working in the corridor asked us our plans, she then informed us of the best way to get there and attractions while we were there.

The afternoon was very pleasantly spent in the lovely gardens taking advantage of the bar, where the staff delivered our drinks outside. That evening meal was a 5 course treat which was delicious and extremely well presented.

The hotel is charming, the food delicious and the staff more than willing to go the extra mile, examples, one of the gentlemen of our party said he had left his dinner suit behind and enquired from Malcolm the manager where he could hire one, Malcolm quickly looked at him and said you look a similar size to myself I'll phone my wife to press mine and I will loan you mine! Again one of our party had an accident and ended in hospital, as a result it meant the the husband of the lady who had the accident would not be able to dine that evening, we informed the receptionist of this who immediately said were has the gentleman left his car (some of the town car parks are closed at night) if he phones us we will collect him regardless of the time and we will make some food available for him. I don't think there are that many hotels where the staff would even think of these things.

Also many congratulations to one of the reception staff who is getting married in August who gave me a "Gold Star" for being the first to check out and hand in my room key which shows that service with a sense of humour does work!

Would I recommend the Albright Hussey Manor Hotel? My wife and I had already booked to go back in August if that answers the question.

Many thanks for a lovely weekend.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled with friends