All reviews garden room opposite the castle ludlow castle old building market square beautiful building the main hotel lovely hotel shropshire breakfast no lift car park overlooking the garden lounge area superb location castle walls pleasant stay log fire
Reviewed 29 October 2018

We stayed recently at this lovely hotel in The superior suite 'Palmers' No 12. We were taken to our room and wow a lovely very spacious, light and airy room ( with no less than five windows ) and views out over the garden and car park, a separate sitting area and spacious bathroom with bath and shower over. We had a slight problem when my husband had a bath and slipped getting out as no slip mat had been provided, fortunately he came to no harm but the floor was awash with water which I quickly cleared up with the towels. We mentioned this to the person at the desk when we went down to dinner and he promptly got a slip mat and replaced the towels.
We had dinner on the first night in the hotel -but went to another restaurant on the second night as there are plenty of good eateries within walking distance - I have to say the food at the hotel was very good and plenty of it. We can recommend the restaurant food but not necessarily the service. I think when charged 10% surcharge on the restaurant bill even though discretionary (apparently to supplement staff wages) when we weren't even asked if everything was alright with our meal is a bit lacking in the staff training department.
The bed was very comfortable and if not for those very squeaky floorboards and people stomping about the floor above during the night it is a very quiet place to stay. In fact we realise it is a very old building and not difficult to put right. We had just spent two nights in a similar 400 year old farmhouse B&B and their floorboards didn't squeak.

Room Tip: Top floor room then you won't get noisy floorboards.
  • Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 October 2018

I have stayed here before and new what to expect. This time was different the room was large and very comfortable the only down side was the double bed was two singles put together. The room was clean and the bathroom was large. Good selection for breakfast.

• Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 October 2018 via mobile

I grew up in Shropshire and I attended Ludlow School. I come home as often as I can to visit my mother. Sadly I made the mistake of checking in with Dinham Hall Hotel in Ludlow. I never write reviews but after my experience of staying here 4 nights, am extremely disappointed and upset.
The rooms are far from comfortable, the mattresses are hard and worn. The cleanliness is not of high standards. In the morning I was woken twice by the gardener at 7 am with a leaf blower. Night time your kept awake by guests over your room as the floors not soundproof, very hard to sleep at night. A charming place is not, I wanted a quite relaxing stay and no view of Ludlow Castle is worth this
awful experience. The staff are badly trained and I will say unfriendly, except for one girl who served us for breakfast. I travel allot and this hotel is well below its star rating. My biggest disappointment was that of manager, front of house possibly the owner was a arrogant French man who challenged me over my hotel fee. He was extramily unprofessional and rude, trying to charge me twice on my booking. After I showed him my receipt, he still wouldn't except the facts. I have never felt so humiliated and treated so appallingly. This man has no idea how to run a hotel, clearly he did not grow up in shropshire as people from this region have manors. My advice to you would be avoid Dinham Hall, its not worth the money and there are plenty of guest houses and local people running BB who would appreciate your business and greet you with a smile. Who ever you are sir, front of house you are a disgrace to the hotel industry.Over rated, over charged and badly run.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled on business
2  Thank infojake
F M, Manager at Dinham Hall, responded to this reviewResponded 27 October 2018

Very unlikely and very inconsistent with our standards and reviews, the hotel offers excellent service and customer care, but we certainly do not entertain or welcome rudeness and arrogance!!! Whatever your booking arrangements, we request payment on departure unless otherwise stated, and we are experienced in using all booking channels and booking procedure!
We are truly dissapointed that your experience of the hotel was spoilt by your misunderstanding, but we have to ensure that all accounts are settled on departure. We understand your frustration but the manager on duty responded courteously and professionally as one would expect, and the staff is well trained , friendly and polite...
Rest assured that we would not welcome you back at Dinham Hall, as we much prefer to accommoade plaesant and civilised guests!
I am afraid we don't have a gardener leaf blowing at 7.00 am in the morning, another of your fabulation... :-)) The Manager

Reviewed 15 October 2018 via mobile

What a delightful hotel. Our comfortable well appointed room had lovely views of both the castle and the gardens. We dined in the hotel each evening and were treated to some truly delicious food.As a vegetarian there is more limited selection available to me,but I was not disappointed,the chef very kindly ensured that during my stay there was extra choice. I really appreciated his thoughtfulness. In fact all the staff were both friendly and efficient, nothing was too much trouble. We were paticularly impressed by both Eve and Nathan.We would certainly recommend Dinham hall, it is a tastefully furnished beautiful building in a quiet part of the town, and certainly hope to stay there's again ourselves.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
F M, Manager at Dinham Hall, responded to this reviewResponded 27 October 2018

Thank you for your genuine and candid comments, it is very satisfying for the whole team, in particular Eve & Nathan, both are great members of th eteam and customer focused... :-))

Reviewed 5 October 2018 via mobile

Lovely, spacious room but lots of steep and creaky stairs to get there and more than a drag over a six night stay. Oh well nice view of the castle and garden so put up with it! But what about the water that didn’t run hot during the day and until 9pm and the incompetence of staff to deal with it and more disgracefully, the total lack of interest and concern on the many occasions when the issue was raised.

So much for a “Superior” Room with a rack rate around £200- lots of charm, nice location but just not good enough!

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mgruss2
F M, Manager at Dinham Hall, responded to this reviewResponded 7 October 2018

Thank you, but not an issue we have encountered with recently, apart from the creaky floor boards you would expect in an original Georgian Period House...The view of the Castle is complimentary, and the service with a smile is a daily routine for our staff on hand at all time to assist. We are not sure how you would have experienced an issue with water over a 6 days period when we had no mention from other guests, and the whole hotel is run on a same and very efficient system, and in any case, any issue would have been addressed on the day! Certainly no incompetence on our part, but we appreciate that some guests may be very demanding...