“Perfect birthday meal”
Review of Kosta's Greek Deli

Kosta's Greek Deli
Ranked #360 of 1,629 Restaurants in Sheffield
Reviewed 2 July 2018

Went here for my birthday evening meal. It was perfect- excellent prices, enormous portions (and I mean enormous- I have a big appetite and could hardly finish), friendly staff and delicious food.

For £8 I had a mountain of herb-dusted chips, a huge serving of high-quality gyros, a substantial salad, greek cheese, olives and a generous dollop of Tzatziki.

One of my favourite places I've been to so far in Sheffield. If you like Greek food, give it a try.

Date of visit: June 2018
2  Thank AlexSwallow

Reviewed 17 February 2018

Having been here several times we were really looking forward to our takeaway.......
We had a chicken souvlaki wrap and a pork gyros wrap and were left very underwhelmed.
The whole meal was pretty tasteless - hardly any tzatziki, very little salad in there (1 piece of tomato in mine).
I don't know if there is new ownership or management but the chef who served us was not at all friendly - previously we have been served by very cheerful people including Kosta himself.
Having been the original poster for TripAdvisor for this takeaway I hope that this was a one off bad experience - I hope so .........

Date of visit: February 2018
2  Thank KatomeriKaf
Reviewed 4 January 2018

Was in Sheffield visiting my sons new home for the first time, and convenience we opted for a takeaway - then my son pointed out that this place offered a takeaway service - that's a first for me, but I love Greek food so went for it. Well we weren't disappointed, the menu choice was unbelievable, the service was excellent, and the food was good, with some dishes being REALLY good - will be going again next visit for sure

Date of visit: December 2017
Reviewed 11 October 2017 via mobile

An absolute smashing surprise upon choosing this little deli-away situated just off the beaten track. This was a fast food experience to behold.

The menu was simplistic and easily followed, was talked through a couple of options from the friendly server. I've always liked the idea of Greek food, but as a keen cook never been able to do it justice myself, I also don't frequent Greece much.

It seems they offer various takes on the gyros and salads and you can be as indulgent or healthy as your frame of mind takes you. On this occasion I cut my waistline some slack and opted for the healthier option, although I would've happily sampled any of the offerings.

The chicken souvlaki gyros was probably the best £4.50 I have spent in Sheffield on fast food. The fried pitta, marinated tender chicken, creamy Tzatziki fresh crisp salad was all topped with a generous shake of herbs and spices that brought everything together.

I will definitely be returning, probably will be tomorrow, and I probably won't be as forgiving on the indulgence.

Well done Kosta's.

Date of visit: October 2017
Reviewed 21 September 2017

lovely food and the owner Mr. Kosta is a top top lad. always welcoming his customers with a warm smile. Food is always amazing as always. Try the recommended chicken gyro wrap with halloumi (did i spell it right ?)
highly recommended. not very cheap though but worth the food. just near Bramall Lane too. nice location

Date of visit: September 2017