“Superb Italian ”

Price range: US$16 - US$40
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Welcome to VeroGusto, our family-run, authentic and award-winning Italian restaurant and caffé, right in the heart of Sheffield city centre. We're passionate about great food, wine and hospitality, and so are our customers who have enjoyed our fare since we first opened in 2006.
Reviewed 9 September 2017 via mobile

Delicious meal here. Tomato bread with garlic had a wonderful savoury flavour. Arancini crisp on the outside with a gooey tasty filling. The mozzarella and tomato salad fresh and light. Beef ragu had an incredible depth of flavour whilst the seafood ravioli were amazingly refreshing with the orange flavours. Dessert was the best tiramisu and chocolate cheesecake we've had for a while. Great service and friendly staff. Highly recommended.

Reviewed 6 September 2017 via mobile

My wife and I first went to Gusto when it was situated on Church/Bank street. We had just opened a bar in the area. The welcome is always warm and friendly, the superb (and I mean superb) and the atmosphere perfect. The family have worked hard to create authentic Italian cooking in a pleasant and high class venue. The folks of Sheffield are spoilt for choice with many many restaurants, most of which are brilliant - we eat out a lot - but VeriGusto is... sublime. You simply must visit here, but make sure you booknin advance and tell them Jeff and Tracey recommended them.

1  Thank JHRed
Reviewed 2 September 2017

Went here on a recommendation from a work colleague. Very great restaurant, super staff and nice wine list (amarone by the glass!) Fritto Misto and petty d'anatra were superb. Will be back again.

1  Thank Flyrodtrouter
Reviewed 1 September 2017 via mobile

My wife and I had two days away in Sheffield and as always we use TripAdvisor to help us choose the best restaurants rafters (number one at the time) was booked out and so we chose verogusto as it was a stones throw from our hotel the mercure. What a delight, we hadn't booked but they squeezed us in, I had steak and my wife had risotto and both meals were divine, lovely ambiance, great service and reasonably priced, we've been to some amazing restaurants in our time and so wish we could pick this place up and transport it to Abu Dhabi, a real gem.

3  Thank Paul L
Reviewed 22 August 2017

This place for me, is the best place I've eaten with In Sheffield

The food is always superb, with such lovely casual, yet quite formal service from very attentive staff, the wine list is quite simply superb

It's a treat to come, if only I could get there more

1  Thank James L