“Lovely restaurant ”

Joe & Dolores at The Grill
Ranked #292 of 1,539 Restaurants in Sheffield
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

My family and I have been here quite a few times now and love it. Its how restaurants used to be. Lovely fresh bread on the table silver service and table cloths.
The waitresses are really pleasant and approachable.
The food is very good with an excellent choice we have only eaten here in the evening but they have a lunch menu as well.
In the evening there are 2 choices a
La carte which has an excellent selection or there are various set selections for around £10 for mains. We have tried the pie which is delicious and full of meat. The salmon comes with a delicious sauce. The plaice is another option. Lamb shank and steak in sauce are well worth a try. These all come with roast potatoes fresh carrots and cauliflower cheese served at the table. Starters with the set menu are about £4-£5 which is not over the top. Of course a la carte is more expensive.
Can't recommend this restaurant enough and is definitely worth a visit.

Reviewed 20 December 2017

Visited Joe and Dolores at The Grill in Dore with a couple of friends today. The restaurant is situated in Dore Village opposite the Church in what in a previous life may well have been a Coaching Inn. My friends had visited before but it was my first time and I very much enjoyed the experience.

We all opted for the Christmas Fayre Lunch Menu, which at £17.00 for four courses, proved to be excellent value for money. The food was tasty and well presented. The restaurant was full and very busy (always a good sign) and the slight delay between courses was quite understandable. Despite being very busy, the staff remained polite and friendly.

I would say that Joe and Dolores at The Grill probably cater for a more mature clientele. Certainly, that seemed to be the case today with many Senior Citizens enjoying Christmas Lunch. It was so nice to be able to relax and enjoy conversation without struggling to hear over loud, intrusive restaurant musak which seems commonplace these days.

I would point out that car parking availability can be something of an issue, especially at extra busy times. There is a small car park at the front of the restaurant but I would suggest that you allow sufficient time to find an alternative parking space in Dore Village if the restaurant car park is full.

On the basis of today's visit, I would happily return in the future and would have no hesitation in recommending it to friends.

Reviewed 22 November 2017 via mobile

What a delightful restaurant. Very traditional. The menu is very well priced and the portions just right. I had a sirloin steak, perfectly cooked with a very tasty mushroom sauce, vegetables and very crispy roast potatoes. Everything is served at the table on a hot plate.
The puddings are on a retro dessert trolly so I had to go for the trifle, which was spot on. The service was a high light, very friendly staff who were outstanding. Absolutely perfect for a family celebration.

Reviewed 30 June 2017

Didn't know about this place until it was advertised in our area paper and I'm glad it was. We visited at a Friday dinner time and it wasn't too busy. We were made to feel really welcome as soon as we stepped through the door. We were shown to a table where there were complimentary breads and the waitress brought us a jug of ice cold water. Before our meal was delivered the waiter brought our hot plates to the table ready for the food. We ordered steak and kidney pie which was served onto our hot plates in front of us. It was absolutely delicious. There was a cabinet full of cakes etc but we didn't try these so can't comment but they looked lovely. All of the staff that we saw were friendly and helpful. It was spotlessly clean and reasonably priced. We mentioned maybe bringing the grandkids with us and were told that they do child meals etc. I would 100% recommend this place.

Reviewed 21 May 2017 via mobile

This is the first time in quite a few years & jeez we've missed it.
Went on a Sunday & had the four courses for £18.
Brilliant staff as always, great food as always.
It's always been a wonderful place & we certainly wont be leaving it as long next time, see ya next week