All reviews welcome basket continental breakfast was included cooked breakfast lovely hotel sunday lunch full english top floor birthday party plenty of parking double room stayed here for one night city centre lovely room comfy bed an overnight stay peak district family room
Reviewed 17 June 2018

Booked three rooms for a family wedding we were attending and were very impressed with the quality of the bedrooms. They were large, tastefully furnished rooms and very comfortable beds. The handmade biscuits were a lovely touch, as well as the coffee machine which was greatly appreciated after arriving back at the hotel at 1am. The staff were very friendly, nothing was too much trouble. Breakfast was good too (the men in our family went for the full English which was extra). Would definitely stay here again as it's in a fantastic position for getting into the Peak District, there's a lovely local park within walking distance down the road, lots of great coffee shops down Ecclesall Road and the city centre is easily reached by bus or car. Excellent!

Stayed: June 2018
Reviewed 16 June 2018 via mobile

Lovely venue for a few days stay. Beautiful rooms and lovely staff, especially Darragh the bartender - I found him to be very efficient and welcoming.
I would highly recommend a stay here.
I have stayed here on a few occasions and I've never been disappointed.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 10 June 2018 via mobile

Comfy hotel at a reasonable price for a weekend’s walking nearby. Staff were friendly and our room was clean and comfy. Were warned about fan noise from outside when we arrived but it went off at 9:30 as promised and room was nice and quiet overnight. Continental breakfast was not the most varied but fine for the price we paid. Good value overall.

Stayed: June 2018
Reviewed 30 May 2018

We booked here because we were seeing a band near by and there's not a lot of choice in the area. Having read some of the reviews on here I was a bit worried about which room we might get and had queried this before we arrived. We had a lovely room on the front of the hotel / pub, over looking the large car park. It was clean and well decorated and had everything that we wanted and more. The complimentary water and shortbread were nice touches. We ate in the restaurant before going out. It was busy but we were served quickly and the food was lovely. 20% off for being residents. We were back about 11.20 and were surprised that the bar was closed but were quickly served drinks to take up to our room. After a quiet nights sleep we went down to breakfast. Toast was quickly brought when we asked for it, the croissants were just right and the ham was obviously local and delicious. All the staff we spoke to were friendly and polite and the building has clearly had an interesting history. If we're ever in the area again this will definitely be our first choice.

Room Tip: Front of building.
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank jillwindyridge
Reviewed 10 May 2018 via mobile

We had a mid week one night stay with breakfast, we stayed in room nine which is the second floor and named limousin I think. At first glance all seemed ok, the room was nicely decorated and the bar and reception were stylish and seemed to offer a good variety of food and drinks. We didn’t eat an evening meal at the hotel as when we ventured out we found the hotel was in a great location with lots of other local bars and restaurants to choose from. The location was the best part of the hotel for us...Sadly as other reviews have mentioned this room is located at the back of the hotel and is a very noisy room, it was also incredibly hot which wasn’t a great combination as you couldn’t have the window open due to the noise from the chiller or air con or whatever it was. Another massive minus point for me was the cleanliness. The shower grout and seal were black and mouldy so really ruined my morning shower as it felt dirty... I might sound like I’m being picky but I can honestly say it was the worst hotel shower I have had because it just didn’t feel clean. . I also found a sweet wrapper beside the bed and the curtain tops had thick dust and cobwebs on them. I don’t like leaving a bad review as I know ultimately this is someone’s business but my my advice to them would be improve on your cleanliness as it really doesn’t matter how modern and stylish your decor is if the basic amenities are dirty.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple