“Rude staff”

The Graduate
Ranked #61 of 199 Quick Bites in Sheffield
Price range: US$7 - US$14
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: A welcoming and informal bar in a student area, open from breakfast 'til the early hours. A great place to relax, meet new friends and join in activities such as quizzing and retro-gaming. It is also an ideal place to watch the big games on TV whilst eating and drinking from street food influenced menus
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Politely asked a staff member for our table to be wiped as someone had just left, with it being busy we had jumped in quickly as we wanted a booth.

Was angrily told by the staff member that i "hadn't given him a chance". Incredibly rude chap, nearly sprayed disinfectant in my partner's drink too. I understand it's busy but we were perfectly polite.

Disappointed as usually have a good laugh with the staff, likely won't be back after this.

Date of visit: September 2021
Write a reviewReviews (185)

Reviewed 18 September 2021

Great food, good value. My only criticism is that the veggie sausage could be better- switch to veggie Richmond sausages

Reviewed 15 September 2021

It's £4.25 a pint of magners and the owner of this place and a number of other pubs in Sheffield including Cavendish on West street is well known to place businesses in tax havens so the savings line a greedy man's pockets and not passed on you can get a magners round the corner for £1.99 I regret ordering and listening to my friend. Staff are great but this is Sheffield not london

Reviewed 13 September 2021

Food was basic and chicken was dry il not be ordering from here again.over priced for what you get not worth the money!I mentioned it to the bar staff and he didn’t seem interested.

Digital S, Owner at The Graduate, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

I'm really sorry to hear that you didn't have a great visit. This really isn't up to our normal standard and I'd like to look into this further to see what went wrong. Please can you drop me an Email to Graduate.Sheffield@stonegategroup.co.uk so I can pick this up with you and see what we can do to sort this for you?

Reviewed 31 August 2021

Visited many times, great selection of main stream beers and always with five guest beers for those who want to try anything different to the norm. Friendly staff and a really welcoming atmosphere.

Date of visit: August 2021
Digital S, Owner at The Graduate, responded to this reviewResponded 1 September 2021

Thank you for such a kind review and glad you enjoy the range! Anything you're hoping to see on soon?