All reviews spa bath birthday party function room course meal pie fantastic value room was large following morning member of staff full english breakfast night stay fantastic hotel saturday night comfy bed cooked breakfast rachel venue
Reviewed 23 June 2018 via mobile

Called in for a Friday early dinner with friends. Plenty of tables were avaialbe and we decided to sit in the main restaurent area.

We ordered starters off the specials menu and Marion’s from the normal menu. My friend and I had the salt and pepper ribs and my wife and her friend ordered the fish cakes. The ribs were a large portion and very flavourful seasoned with diced onion, garlic and chilli.

My wife and her friend said their fish cakes were a little bland but still they enjoyed them.

For mains I ordered fish and chips which were fairly standard though a decent sized price of fish. My pal ordered the steak sandwich and the wife and her friend the salmon risotto.

We all enjoyed our mains too. The bill with coffee and a round of drinks was £85 for four, so decent value for good food.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 June 2018 via mobile

The beds are comfy, the staff are friendly, the rooms are spacious, the drinks are good. I've stayed here multiple times and always slept well and enjoyed my stay. I just wish it was a little bit closer to the shops, but when a taxi only costs £3.50 and the rates are reasonable, how can you complain! See you again soon.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 June 2018

My sister and I stayed at the staindrop lodge on Saturday the 16th for one night for a family birthday party. The rooms are large ,clean,and comfortable. We had a problem with our neighbour next door to us which was extremely unpleasant. It was handled really well by the staff who are amazing, nothing was too much trouble, it was all resolved and a big thanks to them for the way they dealt with it. We will definitely be back, the food is amazing too, so I can only say that if you want a comfortable clean room, excellent staff and good food this is the place to go.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 June 2018

Fabulous place, fit for purpose. Some friends stayed over night and said It was excellent. Staff were friendly and helpful. The facilities were perfect and it is not too far from Sheffield city centre. It's a good base to use for sightseeing around Sheffield and surrounding area.

Stayed: December 2017
Reviewed 14 June 2018 via mobile

Went here for tea 6 of us for mh dads 70th birthday. .absolutely beautiful meal and desserts ..all the staff was friendly and excellent customer service .. reasonably priced food and drinks it was a nice and relaxed atmosphere ..we Will be back !!!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family