Lowest prices for your stay
Free cancellation until 15/08/21
Free cancellation until 15/08/21
Destinia.com
US$79
Free cancellation until 10/08/21
Hotels.comUS$110
Trip.comUS$97
eDreamsUS$110
All reviews ponds forge train station room was clean short stay central location shower gel great shower saturday night full english dryer oliver concert
Selected filters
Reviewed 30 May 2021

This hotel is well located for central Sheffield, particularly the shopping area and bars/clubs, and the Supertram. It's 10-15 minutes walk from the railway station. However it is not the most intuitive to find.

Reception was welcoming and a quick check in, but there's not much to say about the room as it was a very typical Ibis decor. Still has the older style brown carpets rather than the newer wood laminate. Very usual bed, shower etc. Curious that the room had a kettle but no tea/coffee. Presumably a 'seen to be doing something' response to Covid!

Should life take me back to Sheffield I expect I will stay at this Ibis again.

Date of stay: May 2021
1  Thank n37077
Diane Brown, General Manager at Ibis Sheffield City, responded to this reviewResponded 22 June 2021

Many thanks for your kind review.
The hotel has recently been refurbished and the brand has returned to carpet and moved away from laminate flooring.
Tea & coffee and additional guests supplies are always available at reception.
we look forward to welcoming you again soon

Reviewed 1 May 2021

Stayed in Sheffield earlier this month while on business.

At the time of visiting, leisure stays were not allowed and thus the hotel was very quiet during my stay.

The hotel is located a few minutes away from Sheffield station and was perfectly located for Ponds Forge, where I was working.

Check-in was quick and the staff were friendly throughout my stay.

I can't comment on the hotel catering as it's a pandemic, I don't think it was available.

My room was fine.
The wi-fi speed varied a lot during my stay.
The view out of the window was a wall, but I was working so hardly in the room.
The bed was OK.
No bath, but the shower was good, especially on the power setting.
Room could do with more power sockets.

Normally, I'd give the above a 3-star rating, but I got a great deal on my room and the staff members I encountered were pleasant and knowledgeable.

I always end with "would I stay there again?" and the answer is yes. It's so convenient for Ponds Forge.

Date of stay: April 2021
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Diane Brown, General Manager at Ibis Sheffield City, responded to this reviewResponded 3 May 2021

The team and I are grateful for your kind review and recommendation and we look forward to welcoming you back during your next visit to the City.
Diane

Reviewed 22 February 2021 via mobile

Unfortunately due to covid 19 our 8week tour around england was cancelled.
All other accommodation was fully refunded EXCEPT IBIS SHEFFIELD.

Shame on you.it was through no fault of ours that our much awaited for trip was cancelled.

You should have done the right thing.

Date of stay: February 2021
Trip type: Travelled with family
Diane Brown, General Manager at Ibis Sheffield City, responded to this reviewResponded 3 March 2021

I am sorry to hear your much awaited trip was cancelled. We have reviewed the site used to make the reservation and identified your booking. Initially, when cancellations were being managed and refunds processed it was for immediate and short term bookings.

As lockdown was extended we continued to manage future reservations, unfortunately, your reservation was cancelled in earlier months and so was not addressed in later processing.

As we do not have any current details, please could you contact the hotel. reception@ibissheffield.com.

Reviewed 1 January 2021

Another great stay, although short due to the restrictions/rules of been in tier 3 but at least I was able to see my son for Christmas. The staff were friendly and very helpful as they always are. The room was clean and tidy.

Date of stay: December 2020
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Many thanks for the review, we are pleased you enjoyed your stay. We will look forward to welcoming you back again soon. Kind regards

Reviewed 3 October 2020 via mobile

Up until 11 Saturday evening I had absolutely no complaint. Lovely staff and really clean hotel. Until two residents decided that they thought it would be entertaining to compete in a boxing match outside our room. Unfortunately ibis thought it practicable to rota two female staff who could do very little to stop the heavy weight bout. Still waiting for police to help....

Date of stay: October 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family
Diane Brown, General Manager at Ibis Sheffield City, responded to this reviewResponded 28 December 2020

Thank you for posting your review here, i'm sorry that your stay was compromised by other guests behaviour. In respect of security issues we do not expect staff or guests put themselves at harms way and that the Police are contacted for assistance.
Diane