1,093 results
All reviews city centre beans car park stayed here hi express sister hotel hot items large shower the sofa bed corner room yogurt ponds forge budget hotel per day breakfast was included good size great shower
Reviewed 8 October 2018 via mobile

I stayed here for one night. Long journey, but the hotel was just fantastic. The rooms were clean and very comfortable. The food was out of this world. I couldn’t fault the service if I tried. Holly was just fabulous and an absolute credit to you. In fact all your staff are friendly and nothing is too much trouble, but Holly really stood out for me and my colleague. I most certainly will stay here again when in Sheffield for business next.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled on business
Gemma B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Sheffield City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear JennBellsBob,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback here at the Holiday Inn Express Sheffield. I will be assured to pass on your comments to Holly, we hope to welcome you back to Sheffield in the very near future.

Reviewed 6 October 2018 via mobile

I've been travelling up to play sport in Sheffield for the past several years and have stayed in a number of hotels in the city. This one is set apart by its proximity to the city centre and the friendliness of the staff who provided an outstanding level of customer service (Holly, James, Chris, Lydia, Andrew, Charlotte). I'd also like to commend the superb gin selection (sport cannot always go according to plan and sometimes one needs a cheeky pick me up) and I'm told the one I seemed to lump for after a particularly gruelling day is affectionately known as the Holly Special. I guess the point is that I'm quite a quiet and reserved man who keeps himself to himself but the staff are so welcoming and friendly that even things such as Holly Specials come into conversation. However, and I know this may sound a little weird, the big selling point for me has got to be the sausages at breakfast. I'm usually always running late and am galloping around like a proverbial headless chicken but I'm a bit of a breakfast connoisseur when training and competing and I especially love a clean bit of decent sausage in the morning...the breakfast is truly divine.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled on business
Gemma B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Sheffield City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 7 October 2018

Dear David,

Thank you for your lovely feedback! We are greatly pleased our staff have made a lasting impression during your stay here at the Holiday Inn Express! We hope to welcome you back in the very near future for more of the Holly Special Gins!

Reviewed 3 October 2018

Got a real deal here and wasn't expecting such a great room with huge shower and such comfortable beds. The staff were very accommodating and helpful and breakfast was also lovely and only a short walk into Sheffield town centre. Close to the 02 too.

Stayed: March 2018
Gemma B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Sheffield City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2018

Dear Ann H,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback here at the Holiday Inn Express Sheffield. We are greatly pleased all our staff have been accommodating during your stay and hope to welcome you back in the very near future!

Reviewed 2 October 2018

Well appointed hotel, not too far from main attractions in the centre.
Decent size bedrooms and bathroom.Sufficient variety at breakfast, both hot and cold.
Friendly front office staff, nice and clean maintained hotel.
Car park next door (outside) and an NCP Multistorey on the other side.
Efficient airconditioning, and also windows may be opened.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
Gemma B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Sheffield City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2018

Dear UKNorseman,

Thank you for your feedback here at the Holiday Inn Express Sheffield. We are pleased we have catered for all of your needs during your stay with us! We hope we can welcome you back to Sheffield in the very near future.

Reviewed 23 September 2018 via mobile

Stayed here when attending the Arctic Monkeys concert. We arrived just after check in time, the staff on the front desk were friendly the lovely young lady was very informative and helpful. We stayed on the 3rd floor in a twin room. The room was generally clean, bed comfortable. When staying in hotels previously the room has always had a safety deposit box, this room didn’t but wasn’t anything which would stop me booking again. Breakfast was the standard expected for these type of deals, it served its purpose for sure.
We had a problem with our key when returning to the hotel which when your tired and returning to the hotel you could do without having to go back down to reception for them to sort the key out, we also experienced a technical fault at just gone 1am which resulted in the fire alarm going off which was slightly annoying as had just got to sleep. The only down side to our stay was not related to the hotel but need to put this down somewhere.
Word of warning if booking a hotel for a gig and your wanting a taxi, the service at the hotel for getting a taxi is fab, however trying to get a taxi back to the hotel is ridiculous, a lot of the taxi’s are prebooked, the ones that aren’t try to rip you off by saying they were waiting for a £20 or £40 booking so if you are willing to pay that they will take you. The taxi cost £6.30 to get to the venue we had to pay £20 to get home, the taxi drivers know what they are doing. There was a 17yr old stranded and one taxi driver was willing to drive her to Nottingham if she paid but would take her to the train station as he wouldn’t make enough money! Book in advanced people the Sheffield taxi drivers are out to rob you.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with friends
Gemma B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Sheffield City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 23 September 2018

Thank you for taking the time to leave us some feedback.

We hope you enjoyed the concert! Our team will be thrilled to have made an impact on your stay.
If you do require items to be stored securely, we do have a handful of safety deposit boxes behind the reception for your convenience.

Our keycards, like most hotels, sometimes get demagnetised if they're near a mobile or contactless card so we try to discourage our guests from storing them alongside these items!

It's a shame to hear you had a little trouble coming back from the concert, in future we can always try to book a returning taxi at the hotel if necessary!

We hope to welcome you back.