“fun day out for all the family”

Rivelin Valley Nature Trail
Ranked #3 of 180 things to do in Sheffield
Reviewed 10 November 2017

I have visited Rivelin since i was a little boy i am now in my mid thirties. Surrounded by trees nature and bird song this is the idea place for a country walk or bike ride for all the family, There is a cafe on the trail serving food and drinks with a children's adventure play area at the back and the old paddling pools have been revamped.

1  Thank MotownJunkUk
"lovely place"
in 6 reviews

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 29 October 2017 via mobile

My partner, 8 month old son and I came here after noticing how sunny it was outside this morning. I moved to Sheffield for university so I’m not familiar with the area, but my partner is. We parked at a pub called the Hollybrush (a fantastic place to eat by the way).

We started at the park and walked along the nature trial which is excellently preserved and maintained. We passed many of the notable sights including; the metal chair in the lake, the stepping stones and the dam. We usually go hiking deep into the Peak District but opted for somewhere closer, it was a 15 minute drive from us and was a brilliant call. The scenery is pleasant and the place expertly captured autumn in all her glory. I’d like to come back in spring to see the flowers blossom and then in summer to let my youngster play in the paddling pool and park!

Great little walk and free of charge!

Reviewed 6 October 2017 via mobile

Myself, 2 adult daughters, 11 yr old asd son and a 2 yr old toddler on a 1st time visit.
We found parking on the main road with no problem and as soon as the kids noticed the cafe we had to go there 1st.
We sat outside as we had our dog with us.
We ordered burger and chips with a soft drink each and it came to £33.
The food is nice and the staff are friendly.
There are toilets nearby that are clean and stocked.
There is a map next to the cafe and I suggest you take a photo of this on your mobile :)
We decided on the shorter walk and wow we were impressed.
Yes there does seem to be a slight problem with dog dirt but the scenery really outweighs this irritation.
Everyone we met was friendly and chatty.
We can't wait to go back and do the longer trail

Reviewed 2 October 2017

This is a great place for a country walk for all the family, you have the river,trees and nature all around you.
If you fancy a cuppa you can calll in at the Pudding Ladies where toilets are provided both inside the cafe and the park itself.
You have the childrens play area and what was the old paddling pools but are now a water play area with water shoots.
Love this place.