“Authentic Italian food and staff”

Piccolos Italian restaurant
Ranked #10 of 1,498 Restaurants in Sheffield
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 21 September 2017

Went at a peak time on Saturday evening and they accommodated us without a booking. Its small and has a family atmosphere. Good authentic menu. Pleasant staff. A pleasure to eat there. Great location with all the nearby attractions of West Street.

1  Thank Davick

Reviewed 20 September 2017 via mobile

Tonight I visited this restaurant with three colleagues and it was worth the walk from our office! It might look like a 'bog standard' Italian, but this restaurant has something special to offer in terms of service and food quality. Really delicious, freshly cooked and well presented food, served with genuine enthusiasm and passion, with a reasonable price point is almost unheard of .... which is why this restaurant deserves such great reviews and a visit next time you are in Sheffield.

1  Thank Lyndsay M
Reviewed 20 September 2017

I have been visiting this restaurant, along with my family, for nearly 20 years on and off. It has remained a steady favourite and my latest visit hasn't changed that. The table was booked for early evening - we were the first people in but that didn't last long and the restaurant, as expected, soon started to fill. The staff, as always, were friendly and attentive, the owner came to add his personal greetings. Our food and drink order was taken promptly, garlic bread to start as we always have had. It arrived piping hot and as flavoursome as always! The mains arrived soon after we had finished the starters - I had ordered the pollo gamberetti. Again the food was nice and hot and full of flavour. The portion size was good as always and provided a very filling meal. The chicken was butterflied and cooked beautifully retaining its moisture. Again the waiting staff remained attentive asking if we wanted Parmesan or pepper on our food and refreshing drinks and water as requested. Desserts to end - the brownie was delightful! Warm and gooey - the perfect end to yet another delicious meal from this restaurant!

2  Thank Eithelien
Reviewed 14 September 2017

We received a great welcome and were treated to an excellent meal with first class service.
I couldn't find fault with this lovely restaurant . I have no doubt we shall return again and again.
My wife is a vegetarian and the menu suits all. As the reviewer "Dave E " said
"So nice to find a proper Italian restaurant serving proper food"
I respectfully agree.

Reviewed 13 September 2017

The upstairs room was a good choice for our party to gather for a meal to mark a colleague's moving on to pastures new. If there had been four more of us we could have filled the room - so apologies to the two couples who had to put up with two (brief) speeches.
This is definitely a value for money place - as even those of the group who did not have a 'starter' failed to make it to dessert. There was a good choice of wine - so we indulged in a few varied bottles.
I had calamari - always a good test for a restaurant - and they were excellent. I followed with the vegetable calzone and it was generous in size (so much so I struggled to finish).
The staff were friendly and helpful at all times - so a very good evening.