All reviewslovely friendly pubadjoining cafesheffield arenaclean accommodationfluffy towelsnight's sleepbar areatea coffee facilitieseasy accessfull english breakfastcomfy bedgreat place to staylovely roomwould stay againeisconcerttaxis
Reviewed 22 May 2018 via mobile

I stayed at the donvalley hotel on my own and i was made so welcome by all of the staff the room were clean and tidy just right for me . The bar downstairs was very cheap . I would definitly stay at the donvalley hotel agen

Stayed: May 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 16 May 2018 via mobile

When me and my friends arrived at the Don Valley hotel we was made very welcome by a member of staff on the reception he showed us to our ensuite room witch was very clean and tidy the beds were so comfy and clean me and my friends took a venture downstairs to the bar which they had a good choice of drinks and very cheap it was a very friendly place to be we asked a member of staff for a taxi number and they told us not to worry that they will order us a taxi when we was ready to go.in the morning we was greeted by more friendly staff which they showed us the way to there deli cafe the food was excellent a full English breakfast tea or coffee and fresh orange juice I definitely would stay again and I would recommend anybody to stay at Don Valley hotel

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank emmajaneoxley
Reviewed 7 May 2018 via mobile

When travelling to the Don Valley hotel from Sheffield train station, you will pass various sex shops, ‘massage parlours’ and undisclosed hubs of sex work. As liberally minded individuals, this was of no concern: we’d either be in the hotel or at the event we were attending, rarely roaming these well trodden streets. However I must state this would perhaps not be the most family friendly location.

Secondly, the hotel itself seemed fine from outside. We were a little early to check in so were seated in an area just beyond the main pub where we were greeted by the loveable resident dog. A truly warm-hearted character. When taken through the door marked ‘Toilets’ our host took us through the smoking area up to our room in the overspill part of the hotel. Entering our room we were presented with a small yet cosy space, as described; beds adorned with hand and body towels. However as shown in the photos below, the beds were laced with hairs from all over the body. Something a little unsettling considering the nature of some of the local employment.

Next was the drug bust. The manager politely informed us that he needed to break in to the room next to ours so had to turn the power off. Off went the lights and then SMASH, BANG, CRASH. The room next to ours had its door completely battered off its hinges. I was fairly intrigued so wandered round to see cash lying all over the room and an assortment of drugs on the table. One of the men involved pointed at the laptop and said “I reckon that explains the sex noises” and laughed. To our surprise, the guest was allowed to stay. He then went on to keep us awake all night with pained, extended, constant groaning. Not only this, he had a shower probably every hour; leaving the shared bathroom in tatters with a broken loo seat, suspicious stains and water all over the floor. Again, less than ideal when my girlfriend had an important sporting competition the following day.

We checked out swiftly the following day, greeted by a shirtless member of staff. Informing him of the disturbance from our neighbour he said he was going to go and kick him out. However the bust the day before was due to complaints from other guests so I wouldn’t be too sure that they actually evicted him. Money is money after all...

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
4  Thank J_Southwood
Reviewed 24 March 2018

We were a party of 5 adults visiting Sheffield recently to attend the FlyDSA Arena for Kell Brooks come back fight. I hadn't managed to find anywhere to stay that wasn't overpriced and a long way from the venue so booked the Don Valley Hotel for its price and proximity to the arena.

We aren't overly fussy about 1 night stays but have to say we were really pleasantly surprised on arrival.

I booked a 5 bed room and when we arrived we managed to park our car securely at the back of the pub. Parking is limited on a first come first served basis.

The hotel/pub was really clean and had a great atmosphere. There was a small games room and sport being shown on tv in the bar.

Our room up on the top floor was great, clean, warm , nice decor, plenty towels and had tea/coffee facilities too. We had a couple of drinks in the bar before we left for the boxing and the regulars were very friendly as was the pubs beautiful dog. :)

After the boxing we headed back to the pub, let ourselves in and had a few more drinks. The drinks are really cheap and snacks were available at the bar.It really rounded our brilliant night out off a treat.

Morning Check out was 11 am and we had a full English breakfast in the hotel`s adjoining cafe before leaving.

I can highly recommend this lovely and friendly hotel & pub, and are hoping that Kell Brook will fight in Sheffield again soon so we have an excuse to go back and stay.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 March 2018

Excellent room with kettle and very comfy bed. Staff were very friendly and helpful. The deli provided and great bacon butty for breakfast. Easy access (400m) to excellent tram service. Wi-Fi worked steadily and was free. We were attending the EIS so was very close. Will use again.

Room Tip: ask for a quiet room and you'll get it!
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family