1,831 results
All reviews overlooking the canal victoria quays city centre leisure facilities an upgrade steam room breakfast was excellent tea and coffee stayed here for one night gym tram concert arena
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I have stayed in many Hilton hotel around the world and this Hilton branch is such a let down .
The rooms wall must be so thin.. i hear the room next door talking at 130am!! The room im in has a locked connecting door! They must be back after sat night out. Then at 530am again non stop talking outside my room. I am thinking surely they will stop talking soon but no.. it lasted over 20 plus minutes ! Its like 2 rooms patron came out n decided to hv a chat outside their bedroom!! I nearly open my door n tell them to stfu its 530am!! N nearly ring the reception!
Then at the restaurant.. omg! Wanted to order their special of the day.. they run out. So ordered trout.. they brought me salmon Told them I already had salmon for dinner yday. They tried tell me that's trout.. ??? I think i ate enuf seafood as a pescetarian previously to know my trout from my salmon!! So sent it back and ordered chicken instead. Waited another 30+ mins before my food arrived. Lose my appetite n told them bring up to my room.. Was told they charged £5 for room service. And i still give them another £5 tips on top as i always tip. I wished i didn't this occasion! By time they brought my food to my room ...it was another 25mins wait! Unbelievable for a Hilton hotel service!! Nearly £40 dinner for 1 main n 2 drinks? Mmmm
....and oh their lift always breaking down i have to carry my luggage 3 floors up n only to find my room key card not working so i have to go all the way down again to get new key reset n then they took me thru the staff lift.
And omg one of their restaurant staff her BO is so bad i nearly puke. The poor girl ! Doesn't anyone tells her about personal hygiene. Each time she serves me i have to hold my breath! N she left my table with her bad odor lingering.
The receptions are very helpful. Room very clean. My bed mattress.. time they get new mattress. Worst bed i ever slept in. Housekeeping did a great job tidying up my room everyday.
Nearest pub or any other restaurant or shops 15 mins walking away. After a full day working 10am to 6pm .. last thing i want is walk out 15 mins in tne cold autumn evening. So im pretty stuck in the hotel.
I will not be back in tis particular Hilton hotel for sure.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled on business
101HotelManager, General Manager at Hilton Sheffield, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear sweetjc a

Thank you for your feedback on Trip Advisor and I am sorry that you did not enjoy your stay at the Hilton Sheffield.

I am sorry for any noise experienced from other guests during your stay and the team will endeavour to help reduce noise should they be made aware of any issues.

I was also disappointed to read your dining experience as this certainly does not sound like our usual level of high standards. After checking with the Head Chef I can confirm that chalk trout is a pink coloured fish very similar to salmon therefore I sorry for any confusion regarding the meal.

I would also like to apologise for the lift being our of order during your stay and for the inconvenience that this caused. Once again thank you for your feedback and please be assured that all of your feedback will be addressed.

I do hope that we are able to welcome you back to the hotel in the future.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Had a really good massage from Ellis, she was friendly and professional, a good masseuse. Due to a special offer I received a lovely little gift, such a nice surprise.
The body scrub treatment from Tyler was so relaxing and good value.

• Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear R_and_M_trips

Thank you for your great feedback regarding your treatment at Livingwell, Hilton Sheffield.

Your great feedback has been shared with the team and we hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We stayed at the Hilton as part of a coach trip with Edwards coaches of South Wales. I asked for a walk in shower and no bath in our room 412 because my husband has osteoporosis and needs room to move around. The room was lovely, quite big with a really big tv. The usual tea making facilities and a really comfy and the pillows too. It even had a radio alarm clock which is unusual in a hotel. We had half board at this hotel as part of our trip. The breakfasts were amazing. It was buffet style and continental and English breakfast, plenty of toast, cereal and danish. They cooked the eggs to order. You could have poached, fried or boiled. Or they would make you an omelette as you watched.That made the breakfast amazing. But and I hate to say this, the evening meals were rubbish. There was no menu to choose from, it was placed buffet style and if you didn't like it, tough. I was so suprised that a chef in the Hilton hotel would use instant mashed potatoes. It was awful. Saying that, the first night we arrived we had a lovely roast lamb. The chef was cutting from a whole leg of lamb,. All the veg you could imagine, and a nice desert. Then Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday rubbish food. We had fish one night and it was Coly and it was tough and dry. Their attempt at cauliflower cheese was to layer frozen cauliflower on a baking tray and cover it with cheese and bake it. It was horrible. So a lovely hotel, superb room, everybody very helpful.

Stayed: October 2018

Dear labrador16

Thank you for your review regarding Hilton Sheffield and overall I am pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay.

Your feedback has been taken on board however regarding the food and I am sorry for the poor quality on this occasion. The Head Chef is aware of your feedback for action and once again I am sorry that your stay was marred due to the evening meal.

I do hope that we are able to welcome you back to the hotel in the future.

Reviewed 11 October 2018 via mobile

I had a very comfortable stay at Hilton Sheffield. Its like a home away from home. The staff were very friendly and helpful. The room was clean and bed comfortable. Also very pleasant to walk along the quay. It would have been great if the steam and sauna are separate for women.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled on business

Dear emilyjanelee

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review regarding Hilton Sheffield.

I am so pleased to read that you always enjoy your stay with us and find the team helpful and friendly. Your great feedback has also been shared with the Housekeeping team.

We hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the future.

Reviewed 7 October 2018 via mobile

We went to a dinner and dance at the Hilton Sheffield Saturday 6th October and even though we were with good friends and had a great night the food was terrible, starter was supposed to be fish cakes, 3x50p sized and tasteless, the main was supposed to be chicken in a tarragon sauce, this was also dry, tasteless rubbish, and to end the misery desert was a chocolate mouse that would have been better placed at a children’s party. OMG my thirteen year old son could have done better.. apart from that we had a fabulous evening.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
101HotelManager, General Manager at Hilton Sheffield, responded to this reviewResponded 8 October 2018

Dear C-woofers

Thank you for your review regarding an event you attended at the Hilton Sheffield.

I was most disappointed to hear of your poor experience regarding the food and please be assured your feedback will be used to improve our guest experience going forward.

Once again I am sorry that your evening was marred in such a way and I do hope that we are able to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.