1,818 results
All reviews double tree warm cookies chatsworth break lounge bar on arrival peak district leisure facilities steam room and sauna both mornings afternoon tea changing rooms lovely hotel plenty of parking short break restaurant staff excellent stay public areas
Reviewed 2 July 2018

We have just returned from a delightful stay in this hotel.
We were greeted with a very pleasant and professional receptionist the check in was smooth and efficient.
We stayed in room 56 it was modern quiet very clean, serviced by pleasant cleaning staff . The black out curtains and comfortable mattresses gave us a great nights sleep.
We had evening meal in the restaraunt, the starter was disappointing salmon and feta cheese there couldn’t have been more than a tea spoon of salmon and feta in it. The main rib eye steak was delicious and cheese and crackers for desert were very nice .
The waitress Julie was incredibly pleasant helpful and attentive and the other girl on the desk was also very pleasant.
We had a smooth check out again with great staff. I would recommend this hotel.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Miguel Angel G, Front Office Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Sheffield Park, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2018

Dear Arlene,

Thank you so much for your feedback.

We are so happy to know that you had a wonderful stay and I will make sure to pass the comment to the rest of the team.

Looking forward to welcoming in our property soon in the future.

Kindest regards,

Reviewed 20 June 2018

I am a frequent business traveller and as such have basic needs. Clean room, good wifi, good TV, good food and a gym fitness suite.

This Hotel has all of these requirements. The WIFI is very good and the rooms are modern and clean with decent TV. Access to a spa/fitness suite was very good and the restaurant was very good.

Negatives - minor but the air con was weak and the extractor fan in the bathroom was very loud and stayed on when the light was switched off (had to remove the card to reset it) but it didnt affect my stay.

A good solid hotel.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 June 2018

I guess you get what you might think from a Hilton hotel. Rooms were well equipped and decorated accordingly but the welcome and some staff left a lot to be desired. Reception staff rarely lifted their heads from their paperwork to acknowledge guests as they passed by. The pool and spa area was OK but the sauna is in much need of an update due to rotten wood but nonetheless hot early in the morning. The restaurant was fully booked on arrival despite there seemingly being plenty of tables empty. Value was OK but for a Hilton i would expect more attentiveness from staff.

Stayed: June 2018
Reviewed 6 June 2018

Stayed at this hotel for one night b&b. I booked it in Jan through Expedia it cost £107. There is a huge car park which was a good job as looked like there was a wedding reception on.
Reception check in was quick & simple & the lady was very friendly & informative, the chocolate & walnut cookie was a welcome treat too.
Our room looked like it was located in a new Or refurbished wing as everything smelt & looked new. The room was fairly spacious with a good sized bed, huge desk which housed a fridge & tea & coffee condiments & a decent sized TV. The wardrobe was also a good size & contained an iron, board, hairdryer, towelling robes & complimently slippers (nice touch!).
The bathroom was spotless & I loved the tiles round the shower area (very tasteful). The shower was a rain shower (powerful & relaxing).
The complimently toiletries were Crabtree and Evelyn & they smelt beautiful. Again nice touch.
The sleep however I'm disappointed to say was poor : ( one of the worst nights sleep I've had in a Hilton. The bed was so hard it gave me a bad back & the feather pillows were too soft (yes I could have asked for more but waking up after midnight I was too tired to be bothered to ask). The mattress felt cheap & board like, I've slept in much better beds in a Travelodge! On the positive side you can't hear any noise from neighbouring rooms or the corridor & the dark curtains stopped the early morning light from sneaking in.
Free WiFi was available throughout the hotel.
There is a nice leisure area with a swimming pool that looked reasonable but sadly I didn't have time to use it.
I couldn't tell you much about the location other than it wasn't far from Dronfield centre (took about 5 mins in a taxi).
We didn't have evening meal so unable to comment on that either.
Breakfast was really good, polite friendly helpful staff made it an enjoyable experience. Fruit juice, fresh fruit, yoghurt, cereal, continental bits (boring stuff like pastries & cheese ha ha) & the the good stuff like bacon, eggs, sausage, beans, toms, hash browns. I believe other items were also available at request such as kippers, poached eggs, pancakes. So plenty to keep everyone happy.
I would recommend & yes I would stay again but only if I had a softer bed!

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank STAR1980
Reviewed 30 May 2018

Other than one very rude bartender, the staff was wonderful and responsive. There were a few issues with attained sheets on arrival and burnt out light bulbs, but they were taken care of immediately once identified. Carpet and decor beginning to show age

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family