1,739 results
All reviews separate toilet train station car park swimming pool executive room steam room nespresso machine peace gardens winter garden sofa bed central location mini fridge crucible theatre q park afternoon tea on site parking few minutes walk
Reviewed 5 October 2018

I recently stayed at this hotel for an overnight stay. The hotel is very centrally located ideal for rail travelers and has the benefit of on site parking. I have stayed at the hotel previously and had no hesitation in returning. The staff are efficient and provide good information on the city facilities.
I am a fitness enthusiast and having a gym on site was an advantage.
The room was clean and had all the amenities expected in a modern city hotel.
I would recommend this hotel for business travelers and those looking to enjoy the City's places if interest.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank robac69
Karen C, Rooms Division Manager at Novotel Sheffield Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Thank you for your kind feedback.

I hope we can welcome you back very soon.

Reviewed 2 October 2018 via mobile

Very unusual to have a negative review from me but here goes. First check in - we have booked a EXECUTIVE SUITE room and a double SUPERIOR ROOM. We got neither but that’s what we were charged for via Booking.com. Well my daughter did say we had an executive room as there was a towelling robe and a coffee machine but only one towel! At £446 for two nights room only.

Room was fair sized and made up as a triple (we requested one was a triple and the other double but both had been made a triple) didn’t feel spacious. Bed ok, pillow bit hard. Very clean and tidy. Room very warm don’t think air con was that good but too noisy to open the window.

Nice bar area. Reception strange layout. Hit and miss with staff. The gentleman checking us in and on reception again Saturday very professional and polite. The lady who we had also dealt with did not reflect these high standards.

Overall ok for what we needed but I was smarting at the cost for what we got for the money. Just before confirming booking it had been down at £398 and jumped to £448 on confirmation. This also said including breakfast but when we checked in we were told this would be £14.50 EACH. Also note £13.50 per night for car park. This could be down to Booking.com in which case the hotel needs to sort it with them. Wouldn’t stay again if I’m honest.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank donakebab

Thank you for your comments.

Our Executive rooms do have bathrobes and Nespresso machines so you did indeed have an Executive room assigned to you.
Our in room temperature control is not actually air conditioning but is an air cooling system.

We would have been happy to arrange for extra pillows for you and if the second set of towels was not under the sink unit please accept my apologies.

I am a little confused as to the breakfast charge as it is actually £13.95 per person.

The rates on booking.com are subject to availability and can change as the availability decreases.
If you are returning to Sheffield we would be happy to look at making a booking for you directly with the hotel.

Reviewed 28 September 2018

Very friendly receptionist and a quick check - in was just what I needed after a 2 and a half hour drive. Room was comfortable and well equipped and I got a great night's sleep. Buffet breakfast had a good variety and, unusually for hotels, properly cooked sausages. I was working close by the following day and the receptionist let me leave my car in the car park without any additional charge. Would definitely stay there again.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business
Karen C, Rooms Division Manager at Novotel Sheffield Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thank you for your feedback, we really appreciate it.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 26 September 2018

I booked a one night mid-week stay on a Tuesday as a solo traveller, with on-site parking (£13.50 overnight, first come, first served basis). I was greeted very warmly at reception and was instantly impressed by the lovely, efficient reception team. These ladies made me feel very welcome and I was treated like a valued customer for my entire stay. This doesn't always happen in chain hotels, one can often be made to feel like you're on a conveyer belt. But the whole hotel team gave my stay a very personal touch and I feel they deserve some recognition for their wonderful efforts (many thanks especially to Heike; also to Roxana, Marta). Heike went the extra mile to make my birthday stay memorable for all the right reasons and I was very touched also by how friendly they all were in what was during a busy check in time. Even so, there was no delay in the process. My room was spacious, spotless and kitted out with everything you would need for a stay. The bar had a fantastic atmosphere, thank you Jerome for the gin-tasting evening held here. What a wonderful event to have on a school night, it was marvellous! They were very knowledgeable, the event was free of charge and it certainly added an extra element of joy to my stay. Breakfast was delicious, piping hot and well-cooked (full English, room service) and I was able to enjoy on a late check-out. I would have no qualms at all about recommending this establishment to the public, or my associates and will be sure to suggest this hotel go to the top of their list! Many thanks to your excellent team, you are consummate professionals that go above and beyond. See you again soon, I'm sure!

Room Tip: Room 215 was quiet and perfectly laid out
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled solo

Thank you so much for your review the whole team are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay so much.

Heike, Marta, Roxana and Jerome are all so pleased to get a mention from you and are delighted they could make your time with us so special.

We all look forward to welcoming you back again soon for another memorable stay.

karen

Reviewed 25 September 2018

First visit to this particular hotel. Rooms were ok but disappointed you had to pay £2.50 for a bottle of water. Bar food and breakfast were excellent. Really liked the seating areas. Check-in was no problem at all.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family

Thank you for your comments and I am pleased you enjoyed your stay with us.

I do hope we can welcome you back again soon.