1,714 results
All reviewsseparate toilettrain stationcar parkswimming poolexecutive roomnespresso machinesteam roompeace gardenswinter gardensofa bedmini fridgecentral locationcrucible theatreq parkafternoon teafew minutes walkbar area
Reviewed 9 July 2018

very nice rooms, great location - walking distance to Halam University and tram station - from where regular and cheap trains to Manchester airport, nice pool - but not tried - I forgot swimsuit :(
quick wifi, everything works
fresh strawberries and raspberries on breakfast! I love it

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled on business
Karen C, Manager at Novotel Sheffield Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2018

Thank you very much for your feedback.

I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay and your breakfast!

I hope we can welcome you back soon.

karen

Reviewed 9 July 2018 via mobile

Novotel Sheffield is always a welcoming place to stay. I've used the hotel a number of times and staff are always friendly and helpful. There're lots of choices for the breakfast buffet. There's always a welcome drink for Accor members. Rooms are always clean and neat. I highly recommend this hotel.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family

Thank you for your lovely comments the team really appreciate your feedback.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 9 July 2018

I arrived at this hotel with my daughter on Friday evening having checked in online (not sure why this is a "thing" as it really doesn't save any time when you arrive). We were given key cards for our Superior room. These did not work in the door to the room we had been allocated so I went back to reception who did something to the cards and gave them back to me. We went back up to the room and this time the door opened. We walked in to find that this was someone else's room. Fortunately for us the occupants had gone out so we were saved a huge embarrassment but this was a massive security breach as their belongings were laid out across the room. On going back to reception the staff did not seem unduly concerned - merely told us they had given us the wrong room number and supplied key cards to the room next door and a voucher for a free drink at the bar (we didn't take up this offer as, on reflection, we realised it would mean leaving our room unattended which we no longer felt comfortable with)

On top of this we were then subjected to loud music until midnight from a party going on in one of the ground floor conference rooms. We were on the third floor (with window closed) so the hotel must have absolutely minimal sound proofing.

In short, I would not recommend this hotel if you want a good nights sleep but more importantly if you value the security of your personal belongings when you leave the room.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family

Thank you for your feedback.

I am so sorry that you had to experience this problem. There was genuine mix up with the wrong room number being written on the card. This is not an excuse and we do not take this lightly at all.
I have spoken to the team (we do have some new starters) and a thorough re-training programme is in operation.

I also apologise for the disruption from the event in the hotel, we do strive to minimalise the noise as much as possible and there is a strict cut off point of midnight for music.

Thank you once again for bringing this to my attention.

Reviewed 8 July 2018 via mobile

Hotel has good position and staff but being in city centre wit only option to get some fresh air at open windows is incredible. Rooms have 29 degree celsius and England win over Sweden did not make stay any comfortable ( good for England). Again i wonder why in 2018 is so hard to get A/C in rooms.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled on business

Thank you for your comments.

I appreciate we are having an unseasonal summer at the moment, we do have an air cooling system in the rooms and we can also provide fans if requested.

I do hope we can welcome you back in the future.

karen

Reviewed 7 July 2018 via mobile

Where do I start? Rooms are clammy and there is zero air conditioning so being in the room is unpleasant. I raised this with staff and was told ‘we moan when it’s not sunny, then we moan when it is’.
Secondly, most of the TV channels receive no signal so if you want to listen to music, don’t bother. Sing your own tune. My sister tried, but she wasn’t that great to be honest.
Thirdly, room service. When you return home at 2am and you want a steak ciabatta, good luck to you. Nobody will answer the phone, and you will feel like the loneliest person in the world.
On the plus side, I managed to salvage a ‘fibre one’ bar, which is only 4 syns on slimming world.
Two stars were given for the location. That was pretty good in all fairness.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank SarahThorny

Thank you for your comments.

I do understand your issues with the warm weather and trying to keep cool. We do have an air cooling system in the rooms and we can provide fans on request. As we all know our British summers are not normally like this.

I do apologise for the lack of room service on this occasion this should not have happened.

I do hope we can welcome you back in the future.