“Excellent in all ways”

Price range: US$19 - US$50
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Moroccan
Good for: Romantic, Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Authentic, home-made Moroccan & Mediterranean cuisine. Full bar service in ground floor restaurant with a range of Moroccan & international wines available by the glass/bottle also spirits, Draught Peroni, Otto's Gin menu. You may bring your own wine Tues-Thurs excluding special events, Valentine's, music nights. Corkage wine £3 per bottle equivalent. Pianist most Friday & Saturday evenings. Upstairs Fri/Sat byo wine/beer -usual corkage charges. Please book early as this option is very popular. Upstairs private function room for catered special occasions: birthdays, leaving dos, wedding receptions, etc. Hire charge may apply. Open selected Sundays including Mothers Day, Sharrow Vale Market Days. Please call for details. Buffets available by special arrangement from £20pp. Set Party menu & Moroccan Party menu - 3 courses & tea/coffee £24.95PP. Please note closed 2 weeks every January & 2 other weeks in the year for holidays. Booking strongly recommended.
Reviewed 8 August 2017 via mobile

Excellent food with great choices for veggies as well as meat eaters. Scallops, mussels, Risotto, lamb tagine, and seafood tagine, Moroccan almond cake, to name but a few of the delicious dishes. All staff welcoming and helpful. We shall return!

Date of visit: August 2017
1  Thank sheffieldeats

Reviewed 5 August 2017 via mobile

Had a lovely meal here with friends. Excellent seafood and great service. Would definitely recommend.

Date of visit: August 2017
2  Thank Traybake
Reviewed 28 July 2017 via mobile

We fancied going for a carribean meal but couldnt get in anywhere as we were not getting the chance to eat until late. So we scoured Tripadvisor for inspiration.
This place came 7 out of about 1500 restaurants and neither of us had eaten Moroccan before so asked if we could still get a table at 9:30pm. We were told no problen at all by a delightful lady on the phone who after meeting later on, I believe was one of the owners.
On entry, the owner greeted us as if we were old friends, sat us down and made us feel extremely welcome.
We sampled the house Moroccan red wine to complete the experience and thought it was lovely. Very strong yet fruity flavour.
I had spicy rabbit meatballs for starter and Lamb terrine for main course (owners suggestion) and my partner had hake with prawns and mussels.
We were both delighted with our choices and sampled each others.
Although we were served mainly by the owner, another waitress came for a chat as well and it was her who finally took payment.
Everyone was like one family and worked together in perfect harmony.
We felt so at home for our entire duration and loved every minute. Thanks everyone on here for the recommendation.
Very impressed and we will be returning.

Date of visit: July 2017
2  Thank Richard A
Reviewed 26 July 2017

We went to Otto's as a family to celebrate my son's graduation. I contacted them ahead because my son has a number of allergies. Theresa could not have been more helpful or thorough in checking things out for us, and I ended up feeling very reassured and confident that he would be fine (which he was!) I also had to change the time of our booking and, again, they were extremely helpful - indeed, they opened early just to accommodate us!
Otto and Theresa and their staff gave us a lovely warm welcome, and the only problem with the entire evening was that we were spoiled for choice! The food was delicious and plentiful. We were also able to bring our own bubbly (for a small corkage fee).
Altogether, it was a lovely evening. We are only sad that we didn't discover the restaurant earlier - now my son has graduated, we won't have an excuse to return! Thank you, Theresa and Otto.

Date of visit: July 2017
2  Thank Caroline S
Reviewed 25 July 2017 via mobile

Went for tea with my other half. The food, music, wine, beer, was excellent and exceeded our expectation. We will be back. I was recommended to come here and as my friend did, I will recommend to all my friends to come along!

Date of visit: March 2017