All reviews hot tub birch cottage bbq hut underfloor heating hen do fantastic accommodation catered option wonderful reception spent a week hope to return in the future luxury toiletries glass of prosecco come home peak district birthday treat up to date on arrival
Reviewed 20 December 2016

Treated my daughters and myself to the spa and had a mud Rasul treatment too. What an amazing experience. The aromas when you walk in are divine. A very friendly greeting when you go in. We felt very welcome at all times. The sauna and steam rooms are really good, shower with 3 settings including tropical storm which was exhilarating. The relaxation room is...relaxing. We also had a glass of Prosecco which was very welcome. All good, will go again!

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled with family
Smallshaw, Owner at Smallshaw Cottages & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 8 January 2017

Thank you so much for reviewing your first visit to the Spa. We are delighted that you enjoyed your experience here as well as the lovely Mud Room which is definitely proving very popular. We certainly hope to welcome you all here again soon. Best wishes, Mary and Jim.

Reviewed 20 December 2016

I hired out all 4 cottages for my company Christmas do. Everything was perfect from start to finish. Jim met us and gave us a tour of the spa and then showed us around each cottage. Each one has everything you need from towels and bedding to dishwasher tablets, plates and everything in between.

The setting is perfect and everyone enjoyed using the hot tub! We went to a great new restaurant down the lane called Bistro in the Barn which is handy to have so close by.

We had a BBQ on the Saturday night and the set up was perfect.

Woudl highly recommend going whether you are there as a couple or like us, a group of 16. We will definitely be back!

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled on business

That's fabulous that your Christmas do was such a success, thank for for taking the time to review your stay here. It was a total pleasure to meet you all and we are so pleased that our cottages were the perfect setting for you as a company to celebrate your end of year. We certainly hope to welcome you here again whether individually or as a group again. Best wishes, Mary and Jim.

Reviewed 3 December 2016

We stayed Monday to Friday in Bramble Cottage. It was cosy, spacious, warm, felt right at home. The cottages have all been done up by Jim (the owner) and they look fantastic. We had everything we needed, even down to local maps and bottles of wine to purchase if you drink all of your own (which we did) :-)
I think my partner would agree I have never cooked so much as when I was there, it was just so homely and comfortable, it felt great to stay in and cook nice meals for us both and then take the dog out for a walk afterwards. Even my dog would agree he never wanted to come home, the countryside surrounding the cottages is breath taking. Great exercise for us all as we usually drive to the nearest shop lol. It's very well maintained too. Everything is clean and that includes the grounds outside. Spotless.
The hot tub seated around 8 people, we were a bit nervous about sharing but everytime we used it, we were the only ones there. you can use it upto 10pm so its very easy to time yourselves around others.
The spa is definitely the selling point for this place, I felt like i'd won the lottery using that place. It's out of this world. The different saunas, steam room, foot spas and a room which dropped a beautiful scent every ten minutes really makes you feel like your in paradise.
We even treated ourselves to a mud treatment on our leaving day, it's a private room, you rub the mud in your skin and the room releases steam and even washes you down after with the overhead sprinkler style shower. It was luxurious. We really didn't feel up to driving home after that.. We could of easily fell into a deep sleep lol.
Last but not least, Jim and Mary (The owners)......
Salt of the earth sort of people, make you feel welcome instantly. very helpful, very chatty. I'm often worried about meeting the people who run these kind of places as I'm a Yorkshire lass and in the past have been greeted with people who make me feel a little bit inadequate. Let's just say the word, snobs!! These guys couldn't be further from that, they are so normal and down to earth, it's so refreshing. All of the work here has been done by these guys and it really does show that if you put the work in, you definitely achieve in life. This place is total paradise to me and I will definitely come back. Also just like to add the price we paid was fantastic and I'm a rigfht bargain hunter. Couldn't of asked for anything more. Thank You so much for making us welcome, including our naughty little pug and we will definitely see you again in the near future. 5 stars from us

Room Tip: every room is amazing!!
  • Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple

Wow, thank you guys for such a comprehensive and kind review. It was an absolute pleasure to meet you both and we are so glad that Bramble Cottage, our outdoor facilities and new Spa provided the perfect place for you to take time out and recharge the batteries and feel ready to go back to your working lives. The combination of feeling at home, dog walks and relaxing in the spa is such a great combination, we are so pleased you found us. We certainly hope to welcome you here again. Best wishes, Mary and Jim.

Reviewed 27 November 2016

The new spa facilities are luxurious and relaxing. If there is only one thing you do in your life make sure it's to visit the spa. The therapists are very professional and the whole experience was wonderful!!!!!!!

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled solo
2  Thank alisoncE6665BB

Thank you, thank you...we loved welcoming you to the Spa and certainly hope to do so again soon. Best wishes, Mary and Jim.

Reviewed 11 October 2016 via mobile

My partner and I got married here on the 7th may (thank goodness for the heatwave that weekend!) & everything was absolutely perfect. We had the best weekend possible and Jim and marry are incredible.

Stayed: May 2016, travelled with family
Smallshaw, Owner at Smallshaw Cottages & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 19 October 2016

It was an absolute pleasure to meet you both and work with you for your special day. The weather as you say was incredible and your wedding from start to finish was the most perfect way to start our wedding season. We hope you are both well and we hope to welcome you here again soon. Best wishes, Mary and Jim