See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 20 August 2014

We have been on vacation, just stayed one night. The rooms were tidy and clean; large bedroom, own hall way an huge bathroom. It was a very positive surprise to find such a B&B!
The breakfast was good too. All in all a place were I would stay again.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 August 2014

I received appalling service at this accommodation during my stay on 8/8/14 and 9/8/14.

I was asked to pay on arrival, which is not acceptable, but I could not refuse. Their Visa machine did not work so they made me go to get cash from a machine late at night.

There was no-one on Reception when I arrived back on the second night, and I had to call a premium number to get assistance. Someone who said he was the manager assured me breakfast would be served at 6.45am, but by 7.15am nobody was around to serve it, and I had to leave without having eaten.

The shower came out either scorching hot or freezing cold on the second morning, and there was nobody at Reception to report the fault to, so I was unable to have a shower.

I am requesting a full refund of my fee of £90 along with the cost of the breakfast which I had to obtain elsewhere.

Room Tip: Don't go there!
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank 790Visitor
Reviewed 8 June 2014 via mobile

I stayed at Diplomats Lodge with my husband and our friends. We all found the B & B to be a real hidden gem! After reading some of the bad reviews, we were a little apprehensive about our visit, but were relieved to find that non of the reviews appeared to be warranted. Our room's were both very large and clean, the bed was very comfortable, the bathroom's were beautiful and the service was exceptional. The 2 gentleman we met couldn't do enough for us! The continental breakfast was delicious, with lots to choose from too! The location was perfect for a visit to Sheffield and the surrounding areas, and there's a lovely country park just over the road (perfect for walking, with breath taking views). We will most definitely be staying again on our next visit to Sheffield :-)... Highly recommended!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Rokchik07
Reviewed 7 June 2014

If your looking for the ritz then this place is not for you. Was in room 8 which was huge yes the bed was low and a bit lumpy a few stains on the pillows but there were spare ones in the cupboard. Bathroom was huge and very clean.
Didn't do breakfast as we left early. For the money paid was ok.

Room Tip: Cheap and cheerful.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 February 2014

We, my mother and I, informed the manager that we would be an hour late due to heavy traffic on the M1. We were greeted warmly and shown to our room. Initially everything appeared to be fine, we stayed in room 5 on the 21/02/2014, it was a spacious room with a large double bed with clean white sheets. However, this is where the praise ends.

After spending some time in the room and bathroom, we began to notice that everything in the room was either broken or missing and certainly not clean. The wardrobe was so dirty it was not fit for purpose as it was too dusty to put clothes on the shelf. The desk that was in the corridor or our 'suite' was full of stale tobacco that smelt even with the draw closed.There was ample storage as there are two chests of draws in the room, however, a draw on each unit was missing.

The bathroom was also a great disappointment as the toilet seat was totally detached from the toilet and the shower had very little power to it. Even finer details had been missed like the fact that the shower curtain was on backwards and not longer enough to enclose the shower probably meaning that the bathroom floor flooded. Furthermore, the lack of toiletries was also quite shocking as for the both of us, we were given a thumb size bar of soap. When we asked the man on the desk for another bar and 3 more pillows, as they had only provided one for a king size bed, it felt like we were being a nuisance.

When we left for dinner we asked if he was the owner and stayed at the lodge too, he merely laughed and was quick to say no which felt very ominous indeed.

I slept awfully, the sheets were polyester and the duvet was too thick, lumpy and made of nylon which made it an extremely hot sleeping experience. We woke up to the sound of car alarms and violent swearing down the hall, it lasted for 15 minutes before someone intervened.

The breakfast was more than disappointing and exactly how previous visitors described. The food was poor quality and the yoghurts had been out for some time unrefrigerated so we did not eat it. There was also no one helped you or clear the room whilst at breakfast but they lingered and watched you eat making for a very uncomfortable dining experience.

However, undeniably the worst part of staying was that whilst we were at breakfast during the one hour time gap that they enforce, our room was opened (we don't know why or by whom) and on leaving, the door was left wide open waiting for our possessions to be stolen. Luckily nothing was taken however we found this very unsettling and an invasion of our privacy and therefore left quickly after. Do not stay here.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family