US$101
  • Pool
US$78
Savings alert! 24% below average rates

The price you found is 24% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$102/night.

Novotel Sheffield Centre(Sheffield)(Great Value!)
US$85
US$72
  • Pool
Staindrop Lodge(Sheffield)
US$136
US$72
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$81/night.

Leopold Hotel(Sheffield)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 26/07
Book now, pay at stay
US$129
US$69
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$77/night.

Jurys Inn Sheffield(Sheffield)(Great Value!)
US$74
US$70
US$53
US$50
The Garrison Hotel(Sheffield)(Great Value!)
US$81
US$79
US$75
Priceline
US$75
PremierInn.com
  • Restaurant
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 24 February 2014

We, my mother and I, informed the manager that we would be an hour late due to heavy traffic on the M1. We were greeted warmly and shown to our room. Initially everything appeared to be fine, we stayed in room 5 on the 21/02/2014, it was a spacious room with a large double bed with clean white sheets. However, this is where the praise ends.

After spending some time in the room and bathroom, we began to notice that everything in the room was either broken or missing and certainly not clean. The wardrobe was so dirty it was not fit for purpose as it was too dusty to put clothes on the shelf. The desk that was in the corridor or our 'suite' was full of stale tobacco that smelt even with the draw closed.There was ample storage as there are two chests of draws in the room, however, a draw on each unit was missing.

The bathroom was also a great disappointment as the toilet seat was totally detached from the toilet and the shower had very little power to it. Even finer details had been missed like the fact that the shower curtain was on backwards and not longer enough to enclose the shower probably meaning that the bathroom floor flooded. Furthermore, the lack of toiletries was also quite shocking as for the both of us, we were given a thumb size bar of soap. When we asked the man on the desk for another bar and 3 more pillows, as they had only provided one for a king size bed, it felt like we were being a nuisance.

When we left for dinner we asked if he was the owner and stayed at the lodge too, he merely laughed and was quick to say no which felt very ominous indeed.

I slept awfully, the sheets were polyester and the duvet was too thick, lumpy and made of nylon which made it an extremely hot sleeping experience. We woke up to the sound of car alarms and violent swearing down the hall, it lasted for 15 minutes before someone intervened.

The breakfast was more than disappointing and exactly how previous visitors described. The food was poor quality and the yoghurts had been out for some time unrefrigerated so we did not eat it. There was also no one helped you or clear the room whilst at breakfast but they lingered and watched you eat making for a very uncomfortable dining experience.

However, undeniably the worst part of staying was that whilst we were at breakfast during the one hour time gap that they enforce, our room was opened (we don't know why or by whom) and on leaving, the door was left wide open waiting for our possessions to be stolen. Luckily nothing was taken however we found this very unsettling and an invasion of our privacy and therefore left quickly after. Do not stay here.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank Vanessa P
Reviewed 25 August 2013

I booked the continental suite and it was shocking there was no kettle no fridge and the bed sheet was stained and there was dust everywhere and the previous guests bronzing pearls all over the floor the staff were pleasant and the breakfast was satisfactory but the actual room was over priced and dirty and cold I will never stay there again or recommend it to anybody

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank daniel s
Reviewed 24 June 2013

Stayed there for one night while visiting Sheffield to see The Who in concert. The room was spotless with free Wi-Fi and a good modern TV. The staff were friendly and helpful. Would have no qualms about staying there again for longer.

Room Tip: Just go for it.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 June 2013

Spacious, clean room. Great big television. Short taxi ride to city centre where I was working. The pizza place at the bottom of the lane has a huge selection of curries, wish I had discovered that earlier. Lebaneses restaurant also handy. Prefer sheets to duvets and would have liked a Gideons bible.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
1  Thank Peter R
Reviewed 3 June 2013

We stayed at the Diplomat's Lodge B&B on the night of Saturday 1st June 2013.

Our initial impression was very good. Booking over the phone was smooth and easy enough. The staff were warm and friendly on arrival. We had spent a little longer on the journey than I had expected. Which seemed to have everyone is a tizzy. I interpreted this as attentiveness from the staff. But perhaps they were worried we would not arrive?

We stayed in Room 9. The Executive Double En-suite room. Room rate £65 with breakfast.
Payment is taken for the room in advance. Which I found odd. But probably they have learnt from experience as I would have demanded a discount had I paid on check out.
£65 a night is so far above what this room is worth it is not even funny.

Initial impression of the room was good. The room is very very large. The king sized bed is dwarfed at one end of the room. The other end contains two very comfortable leather sofas a very new looking large flat screen TV and a SKY box giving plenty of good channels. Wi-fi is free but the signal is quite weak in room 9 and the speed is very slow.

The en-suite is also large. It contains toilet, sink, good sized corner bath, and a good sized shower cubicle.

It should have been a great room to stay in. It wasn't.

As we brought in our luggage the resident of room number 2, directly below us, was arriving home. He greeted us with a cheery hello, entered his room, put his stereo on, and turned it up to 12. Thankfully it was mid afternoon so the noise travelling into our room was easy to put up with.

We grabbed the bread and cheese we acquired from a nearby Tesco and headed to the kitchen to make a snack. We noticed that the Kitchen cabinets are labelled somewhat like you might have seen if you have ever lived in a shared student house. "Room 2 ONLY" etc. While we were there we grabbed some tea spoons as there were none in the room. The kitchen felt very much like being back at university.

As night fell (and the music continued) we started to realise all was not well with the room. In the bathroom I stood, naked, in front of the vertical blinds at the window and decided to open them for some more natural light. I should not have done this. This window, upstairs, on the front side of the building, facing the main road, is plain glass. Not privacy glass! So, having flashed myself to passing traffic I closed the vertical blinds and hopped in the shower.

The shower has very very little pressure and gives little more than a dribble from the shower head. The shower hose is damaged and allows more of the precious water pressure to escape from the base of the shower. The shower head holder is held together with Selotape. Except the Selotape has become wet and no longer holds the broken holder together. I had to balance the shower head on the holder at its lowest point and crouch beneath the pathetic trickle of water.

To top it off before I could open my fifty pence sized complimentary soap I had to remove the previous guests soap, hairs and all, from the soap dish. Yuk! There were no other complimentary toiletries. Doesn't usually bother me as I travel with my own anyway but on this journey I needed to use the hotel soap. Lack of toiletries might be a problem for others.

As we sat on the sofa's watching television in the evening we became aware of voices down in the car park. Worried about my car I looked out of the front window but couldn't make out who was there in the darkness. The car park is set well back from the road and does not benefit from any artificial lighting. In the morning I found my car was fine. The presence of two discarded beer cans on the wall by the car told the story of the voices we had heard.

Most of the lights in the main room that you rely on are blown. The bedside lamps do not work. You have to turn the lights off at the switch by the door and navigate to bed in darkness. The main pendant lights in the room are energy saving bulbs with no lampshades.

The room has a fridge. But it wasn't plugged in. Took a few hours for it to become cold once plugged in.

The Vertical blind problem continues into the main room. Vertical blinds are not curtains. They are designed for living spaces where they provide some shade and privacy. They do not in any way prevent the sunshine from streaming into your room at 4am in the morning.

It was at 6am that the music started again. So loud that you could feel the floor shake beneath your feet. At 7am my wife lost her sense of humour and banged her feet sharply on the floor.

A few minutes later there was a knock at the door. A chap we had not met before from downstairs had come to remonstrate with us about our rudeness.

"Why are you banging on the floor? Is it the music?"
"Yes it's very loud!"
"Well you are very rude! That's not how we do things here! You should come knock on my door. That's not how we do things here!"
"You woke us up!"
"Well you should be up! It's 7 o'clock on a beautiful Saturday evening!"
"What?"
"It's a lovely sunny Saturday evening! You should be enjoying it!"
"It's Sunday MORNING! You woke us up!"
"Is it Sunday already? Oh...."

And then he just walked off... No apology, no other words spoken, he just walked off.

The volume then went down!

Until the next song started. Then it went back up again! We gave up on sleep and got up.

It is my own fault that I didn't note the 'Continental' description of breakfast. This means some cereal, yoghurt, and DIY toast. Fair enough in a cheap hotel. Not so great for £65 a night.

The white sliced bread was of the type that is so cheap and horrid I wouldn't give it to my dog and he's been dead for 10 years. I caked my toast with jam and made the best of it.

The room needs
* To be cleaned and attended to properly on a daily basis
* To have bulbs checked and replaced daily
* Lampshades
* Curtains (this is a real biggie)
* Tea Spoons!
* Replacement shower head and mounting rail
* Toiletries

You could say that it was so close to being good. We nearly did. Surely a weekends work including a trip to B&Q could put this room right. It wouldn't be that hard. But the other tenants make the hotel utterly non-viable.

Beware this hotel which promises much and delivers very little. Beware the other residents who appear to be long term tenants. Why else would they all have 'banging sound systems' in their rooms?

Honestly? How out of your actual mind do you have to be to think it's 6pm when it is in fact 6am? Really? What on earth was that guy on?

Wild horses wouldn't drag me back to this place and I suggest you give it a wide berth too. The owners should give up the B&B idea and rent the rooms out to more students.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple