“Can’t find fault”

Ranked #196 of 1,631 Restaurants in Sheffield
Price range: US$10 - US$28
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Japanese Restaurant specialising in creative sushi, ramen noodles and dishes cooked on the grill. Specialised drinks of cocktails, sake wine, and gin
Reviewed 25 October 2018

An extensive menu and yet the quality still remains high. Often stuck for what to have because the standard is so good.
Staff are very friendly and attentive, and the small venue makes for an intimate dining experience. I’ve been three times and each time I’ve left feeling full up and happy, and looking forward to going back!

Date of visit: October 2018
1  Thank Highlife89

Reviewed 6 October 2018

My wife and I came here for an early dinner we arrived about 6.15 and we were not the only ones in! It quite quickly got quite full. We ordered and our food arrived promptly. The chicken gyoza were wonderful. Light tasty and beautifully cooked. We both had ramen, i had chargrilled chicken with a yama original broth and my wife had the japanese style char sui with a hot and spicy broth.
Both ramens were lovely (but we swapped halfway and i personally preferred my wife's!)
The service was good too. I will certainly be going again and recommend this to anyone thinking of eating Japanese!!

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed 4 October 2018 via mobile

Went in last Thursday with my family.this is my third time vist here but also my last time,its so empty and cold,staffs was ok,but the sushi rice it’s under cooked,takoyaki tasteless just a lot of mayo on top,try their cocktail from the menu but just taste like a Tesco brand one,unagi don was nice but way too expensive for what you get for that size,for sure not rush back!

Date of visit: June 2017
1  Thank life_tokyo
Peter Y, Manager at Yama Sushi, responded to this reviewResponded 6 October 2018

First, we do not agree with your statement that we have the worst sushi in Sheffield. On many different review platforms, we have a very high (or the highest review rating) for many years for the reason of being consistent in our quality and ingredients used in our dishes. It’s strange that you did not make any complaint to our staff about the quality of food nor did we notice any dishes left uneaten. Our waitering staff will always ask and check that you are happy with your meals. Our aim is to resolve any complaints immediately to customer satisfaction if we are notified during a customer’s dining experience. Moreover, if you had been to our restaurant twice previously, it’s disappointing and strange that you should make a strong statement.

Reviewed 24 September 2018 via mobile

I've been here twice and I love it. The sushi is the best. And the staff is really nice. Definitely, I will come back :)

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed 19 September 2018 via mobile

I just can't get enough of this place! I come back here nearly every two weeks even though I don’t live in Sheffield and drive from Doncaster every time. With friends and family - always lovely evening and delicious food. Waitresses are very friendly and helpful!! Always doing an excellent job! Cant wait to go back! Thanks Yamas for being the best and treating me and my friends with yummy food! See you soon!

Date of visit: August 2018