Jurys Inn Sheffield
Ranked #8 of 53 Hotels in Sheffield
Reviewed 17 February 2013

Me and my girlfriend stayed here overnight at Jurys Inn Sheffield on Friday 15th Feb 2013. We made a small walk from Sheffield train Station which was only 6/7 min walk and we found the Hotel easily from the outside it looked clean, smart and looked really modern. We got inside it was lovely and well set out, we made as way upto the check in desk to be greeted nicely by the staff where we just just turned up and paid In cash where we just booked on the spot. In which they handed us our cards each to access the lift and room. They don't give keys here, you use a card system to access lifts, room doors and In the bedroom to turn lights on! Really good Idea I'd say, stops anyone accessing the lifts. The interior of the corridors and carpets was clean and looked really nice, very nicely done throughout the hotel. Ice making machine on every floor. I stayed In room 417 ( floor 4 ) the room was lovely, Bathroom was gleaming and spotless infact there was a sparkling shine to the bathroom sinks, and bathtub and toilet..so well maintained and clean to a high standard everywhere. Again decor In the room was lovely, very spacious room, nice comfy bed and I found my stay here at the hotel very pleasant. Very quiet In the room, I couldn't hear any noise. View from the room wasn't bad I could see quite well from it, when I stood side on. The hotel Location was perfect access to where I wanted to go was In easy reach of the hotel. When checking out of the hotel the deputy manager check me out he was very friendly and asked me if everything was fine, I of course said it was perfect! Do check this hotel out, Jury's Hotel are a brilliant hotel chain. I prefer Jurys Inn too Travel Lodge. 10 out 10 for Jurys Hotel In Sheffield!

Room Tip: Don't be put off by reviews on here, This Hotel is in a perfect location. I go Sheffield lots of...
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank NorthernExplorerHere
Write a ReviewReviews (2,509)

Reviewed 13 February 2013

Room allocated was adjacent to external night club very noisy and also stag/hen parties were present on the same floor which were also very noisy Complained to staff on departure Have stayed at this hotel on previous occasions and it is the first time I have experienced this

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Michelle M, General Manager at Jurys Inn Sheffield, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2013

Dear Walter B,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review.
I am disappointed to read you did not have a good night sleep with us but glad to hear you gave us the opportunity to resolve your complaint before leaving.

We have been in contact with the night club and we are working together to ensure the external noise from the club is not disturbing our guests.

I would like to thank you for making us aware and I hope you welcome you back to Jurys Inn Sheffield Soon.

Kindest Regards
Michelle Minshull

Reviewed 7 February 2013

The hotel is not the in the best location of Sheffield. The staff are friendly but the room wasn't very clean and quite dusty. Also they don't give you any biscuits. There was loud cistern noise coming from the bathroom, but which i was able to block out by shutting the bathroom door. However, the room was cosy and the bed comfy and I had a good nights sleep. The breakfast is 'help yourself' buffet and is adequate, however, the staff need to keep the cups & milk topped up as I had to wait ages whilst my breakfast got cold. I then had to throw the breakfast away and re-do my plate. For evening meal, I had the cray fish & salmon salad starter which was delicious and the prawn & salmon taglatelle for main, which was just devine. I had the sticky toffee pudding which was dry and hard and let the meal down.

Room Tip: I was on the 5th floor and as this was my first time here, I do not know what the other rooms are li...
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Tina D
Reviewed 5 February 2013

I have never stayed in a jury's inn before and are very pleased with this hotel.
Lovely friendly staff on arrival
Allocated a room on 5 th floor, double bed and tv with tea and coffee facilities. Hair dryer supplied.
There is ice machines on each floor
The breakfast is excellent with coffee and tea fresh juices, croissants and toast and bagels.
Good hot selection of food and cereals and fruit
Evening meal was good just not big enough portions but excellent quality.
We parked in the car park opposite the hotel no problem. The one under the hotel is too busy and cramped.
Overall a good hotel and yes I'd book again

Room Tip: Ask hotel for a deal with car park included and they will do you one cheap
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business

Dear Polamb,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review.

It is lovely to read you had an enjoyable stay, I have passed on your excellent comments to the team and I hope to welcome you back to Jurys Inn Sheffield soon.

Please feel free to contact me before your next visit on my email address below if you have any preferences.

Kindest Regards

Michelle Minshull
Michelle_minshull@jurysinns.com

Reviewed 28 January 2013

All in all the hotel was OK, the staff were friendly and helpful and the breakfast selection and quality was very good in deed. However, parking is a problem despite there being an underground car park managed by the notorious Excel people who are renowned for dodgy parking fees and spurious "parking tickets". Due to massive misunderstanding of the parking times and limitations we ended up issued with a so called parking ticket which will not be paid!! Beware is all I can say and park somewhere else even if it is a bit less convenient. Secondly, the bar snacks. These must have been the worse in the world if not the universe with my Halloumi burger being less cheese and more undefinable patty of something vile and my partners panini actually more raw dough than panini.... so again, beware!!

Other than that it's OK, near the shops and bars and clean, tidy and reasonably comfortable.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple