3,126 results
All reviews city centre car park train station business trip saturday night excellent hotel good nights sleep double bed excellent stay bar area would stay again one night stay excellent value for money oliver token moor graduation
Reviewed 14 December 2012

Writing this at 04:45 as I can't sleep due to wind howling thru window. Have tried opening window but it won't lock open. Have tried closing window further - but not possible. Avoid room 530 like the plague if the wind is blowing outside. This seems to be a problem in more than one room - did nobody check this before hotel was handed over by the builders ? As soon as I can get a train home I'll be leaving. By the way if you stay when a disco is on in the restaurant in the evening, it's open plan - the only quiet area is your bedroom. All this for £64....

• Stayed: December 2012
Sam C, Front Office Manager at Jurys Inn Sheffield, responded to this reviewResponded 4 January 2018

Thank you for taking the time to rate your experience of Jurys Inn Sheffield. I hope I have the pleasure in welcoming you back to the hotel soon again.

Reviewed 10 December 2012

Stayed for 2 nights at Friday & Sat whilst visinting son at uni. The room was a family room so was a reasonable size & adequatelyl equipped. Excellent location, spotlessly clean & the reception staff were really pleasant. Like the previous reviewer & on the same weekend we also were near the lifts but were not disturbed at all so perhaps we were lucky with the floor we were on. Got 2 nts for £117 so really good value & will return to this hotel.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family

Reviewed 9 December 2012

was in sheffield for the football, stayed to nights .
both nights got in around between 2 - 3 am in the morning.
got in bed then it all went pairshaped,are room was opposite the lift on the first floor.
you could here everyone who came out the lift,crashing and banging into walls,knocking on doors and running away or trying to,trying to get into wrong rooms and kicking the door when they couldnt get in.
the night security was on his own and had no chance of controling anything as arguing couple began fighting.this went on til about 5 in the morning( saturday).
the same happened again the next night but twice as bad as the police were called this time to evict the drunken brawlers.
we are no party pooppers as the group we were with like a drink and a laugh but when its time for bed we are always respectful to other people staying in the hotel.
complain to reception on checking out and got promised compensation to be put bacl on the payers card(at time of writing this no refund has been made yet and may take 28 days)but for me a good weekend was ruined by lack of sleep and poorsecurity arrangements by the hotel.

Room Tip: dont accept a room outside the lift doors
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends
Michelle M, General Manager at Jurys Inn Sheffield, responded to this reviewResponded 3 January 2013

Dear Slug_11,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review.

I would like to sincerely apologise for the lack of sleep you had experienced on your stay at Jurys Inn Sheffield.

We do have security, a night manager and night staff on all evening to ensure all issues is dealt with immediately if they arise, it seems this did not happen in your case and I am sorry.

Your feedback has been investigated and discussed with the team to prevent this happening again in the future.

I do hope we have the opportunity to restore your faith in Jurys Inn Sheffield and as a goodwill gesture I would like to offer you a discounted rate on a future stay.

I do hope this matter is resolved to your satisfaction and if I can be any further assistance please do not hesitate to contact me by the email address below.

Kindest Regards
Michelle Minshull
Michelle_minshull@jurysinns.com

Reviewed 8 December 2012

Ive been looking for a hotel to stay in with nice conferance rooms and frendly staff. Ive stayed at alot of hotels in sheffield but this hotel does it for me. The staff and the food is amazing and you can eat in the resturant or sit on a comfy sofa in the bar witch i did, it made me feel like a home away from home. I meet the GM there and she is lovly she showed me around and was on hand with any questions I had. she didnt now that i was there for businees but still went out of her was to show me around and tell me what they have to offer. I run a fashion company and its hard to find a hotel to stay in with good size rooms, I have to much stuff to move around but the rooms are grate plenty of space, I stayed in room 429 and I would recommmend you stayed in that room if your a bussiness man looking for a home away from home. I couldnt find anything wrong with the place it was clean, the staff are on hand and the hotel has a nice vibe no problem at all except one I had to leave to go home. well be returning and using there conferance rooms soon. alye i didnt say anything about them, there down stairs and you have a nice private waiting area and seating area for people to wait, conferance rooms are a nice size and love the layouts- going to using them for interviews, meetings and events.

Room Tip: 429 is a really nice room
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank philvclothing

Reviewed 7 December 2012 via mobile

Was booked into the hotel through my company's corporate travel agent. Had never been to Sheffield, but the hotel was very convenient and quick journey from the train station. I arrived at 11:30pm after a long day of traveling and was greeted with great service from the staff member at reception - he quickly checked me in and booked me a taxi to my meeting for the following morning. The room was better than expected - clean and modern, with a flat screen and nice sitting area - a perfectly nice business hotel. Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: December 2012