Sleep Sheffield
  • Pool
  • Bar/Lounge
Great 4.5/5
  • Room Service
All reviewshotel providedtrain station to the hotelminute walk into the centregreat budget hotelground floortea and coffeecctvpros
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 26 November 2017 via mobile

We stayed here last minute as I thought I had already booked a chain hotel.
I agree with other people it feels like student accommodation it has tea/coffee facilities and we had a bathroom too. Its very basic not very comfortable bed. There wasnt a mirror to dry hair there was a shelf by a plug and holes in the wall so maybe there had been a mirror there at some point. The huge mirror above the bed is ok but hairdryer/ straightners dont reach that far. It just feels dark and dingy. I had actually booked the chain hotel but rather than pay for 2 bookings cancelled that one as it was too late to cancel SLEEP. On hindsight I wish I had just lost the money and stayed at the chain hotel. We had to pay £52 for SLEEP the chain hotel was £59 for the extra £7 you get a hotel rather than a hostel. It does what it says but its not for me.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Joanne B
Reviewed 5 November 2017 via mobile

To be honest I was not expecting much however I was pleasantly surprised. I stayed in room 2 which is down stairs. The room was clean which had 2 beds a kettle for tea and coffee. No ensuite but then again a single bloke just staying the night did'nt bother me. Would I stay here again I sure would. Just hope the photo's show the room up well.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 3 October 2017 via mobile

Close to the city centre and so ideal if you’re going out on a late night. Because the check in is self service via instructions on a text message. I found the room pleasant enough and clean. The bedroom was very small as the toilet and bathrooms were too. Which made it awkward as you had to rest your arm on the wash basin while on the toilet. I would stay here again though.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 15 July 2017 via mobile

We 3 girls stayed here for one night. Thought the room was fine for what we needed. But as we slept, someone came in and robbed us of our cash. We locked the door with the bolt but we only realised the next morning, finding the door a jar, that the bolt was broken. That's how they managed to get in. We all felt violated and scared knowing that someone had been in the room and could have done anything to us, potentially worse than getting robbed. I feel utterly let down, especially that there is no one there at a desk to talk to about what had happened or to fix problems. I don't feel that a code which anyone that has been there before could know, is enough to stop people coming in that aren't staying there. I hope this doesn't happen to anyone else but I won't be surprised if this happens everyday there.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 July 2017 via mobile

I don't normally write reviews but I feel it is my civic duty to warn people from staying here. The place smells like a toilet, from reception through to the bedrooms. There is no security... You may need a code to get in the front door however the fire escape on the first floor has stairs down to a public access area and people leave the door to this open all the time to go and have a cigarette. My friend staying in room four had people trying to get into her room in the night-the room is at the end of a corridor so hardly a mistaken turn.
The building is old and you can hear every squeak in the floor board from people walking by and also every door slammed shut. I opened my curtains this morning to see two people less than two meters away from my window having a smoke on the fire escape. There is no privacy.
The rooms are dirty... The teaspoon left with the coffee and tea still had residue from last use. Nothing seems to be washed. The towels are threadbare and the beds are uncomfortable.
This place makes the travellodge look like a 4 star hotel.
You would only stay here if you were having a secret dirty affair and didn't have the money (or class) to stay anywhere else.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business