All reviews city centre great budget hotel ground floor tea and coffee pros
Reviewed 3 October 2017 via mobile

Close to the city centre and so ideal if you’re going out on a late night. Because the check in is self service via instructions on a text message. I found the room pleasant enough and clean. The bedroom was very small as the toilet and bathrooms were too. Which made it awkward as you had to rest your arm on the wash basin while on the toilet. I would stay here again though.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 15 July 2017 via mobile

We 3 girls stayed here for one night. Thought the room was fine for what we needed. But as we slept, someone came in and robbed us of our cash. We locked the door with the bolt but we only realised the next morning, finding the door a jar, that the bolt was broken. That's how they managed to get in. We all felt violated and scared knowing that someone had been in the room and could have done anything to us, potentially worse than getting robbed. I feel utterly let down, especially that there is no one there at a desk to talk to about what had happened or to fix problems. I don't feel that a code which anyone that has been there before could know, is enough to stop people coming in that aren't staying there. I hope this doesn't happen to anyone else but I won't be surprised if this happens everyday there.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
2  Thank Florence C
Reviewed 9 July 2017 via mobile

I don't normally write reviews but I feel it is my civic duty to warn people from staying here. The place smells like a toilet, from reception through to the bedrooms. There is no security... You may need a code to get in the front door however the fire escape on the first floor has stairs down to a public access area and people leave the door to this open all the time to go and have a cigarette. My friend staying in room four had people trying to get into her room in the night-the room is at the end of a corridor so hardly a mistaken turn.
The building is old and you can hear every squeak in the floor board from people walking by and also every door slammed shut. I opened my curtains this morning to see two people less than two meters away from my window having a smoke on the fire escape. There is no privacy.
The rooms are dirty... The teaspoon left with the coffee and tea still had residue from last use. Nothing seems to be washed. The towels are threadbare and the beds are uncomfortable.
This place makes the travellodge look like a 4 star hotel.
You would only stay here if you were having a secret dirty affair and didn't have the money (or class) to stay anywhere else.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
2  Thank karsakov
Reviewed 28 June 2017 via mobile

This is the worst place I have ever stayed, and I'm currently in Room 2 on the first of my 3 unfortunate nights here.
I wish I could complain but there hasn't been a soul on the dirty, rotten reception desk all day.
The rooms are horrific, dated is an understatement.
3 of us have a room each and all equally as bad.
All 3 beds looked like they hadn't been changed, I'm writing this and itching from my bed now. The shared bathroom...my God, what a grotty experience that is.
Walking out from your room, through the reception area to use the bathroom is bad enough but the actual bathroom looks like it's NEVER been cleaned...and that goes for the whole place.
If I don't have a face to face with a mouse, rat, some form of vermin then I'll be shocked.
I would rather get my money back if I could and travel the 3 hours home every night than stay in this place.
How can this place trade?

Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Kev M
Reviewed 16 June 2017

This place was dirty on moving draws to gain access to sockets found mouse trap dish posion and lots of dirt was not nice at all , bedding felt damp skirting boards were dirty mould growing up sides of windows .

Room Tip: Our room was not good , not sure about the rest.
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family