All reviewscity centregreat budget hotelground floortea and coffeepros
Reviewed 18 June 2016 via mobile

Great little b&b, ideal locaction, clean, tidy, affordable and perfect for an overnight stay whilst visiting friends. We only stopped for 1 evening but would happily of stayed longer and will use again in the future

Stayed: June 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 May 2016 via mobile

Good value for money and a safe, secure and clean place to rest your head before heading off again. For the price it's well worth it.

Ideally positioned for the city centre

We didn't have our own bathroom but the communal one was clean and worked well. The room was small but clean.

Couldn't ask for anymore for the price.

Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 April 2016 via mobile

If you want the Ritz... stay there. This is a no frills budget place to stay but it is clean, comfortable, secure and staff can be contacted if you need them. In fact, because I'm visually impaired and a guide dog user, the proprietor rang me beforehand to check if there were any potential issues and not to hesitate to contact her if any arose. Thankfully none did.

However, I would not recommend here if you have any mobility issues with steps, as these were quite steep and there's no lift.

Did what it says on the tin and I'll be back.

Stayed: October 2015, travelled solo
1  Thank Kim M
Reviewed 4 April 2016 via mobile

Good value hotel. I really should have looked at the reviews on here before my trip though. I spent a good ten minutes talking to the receptionist about the price of room service before I realised that the hotel doesn't have a receptionist!! Rooms were clean, would recommend

Stayed: April 2016
Reviewed 3 April 2016 via mobile

OK not so much a hotel more of a hostel. The truth again of you get what you pay for. Cheap rooms get you a cheap bed for the night. However this falls well below my basic expectation of what could be classified as a hotel.
Normally I wouldn't complain too much about this but it is the small things that just turn the stay from OK to an inconvenience then onwards to a bad stay entirely. They provide a TV but no remote. A kettle in the room but no running water. It is a shared bathroom but you can barely reach the toilet . you couldn't swing a mouse let alone a cat in there. The shower is no better where you can barely open the doors, the water doesn't get warmer than tepid and there is mould all over the ceiling.
The bed is terribly designed and very low to the floor, Not to mention one of the most uncomfortable mattresses of all time. It feels like the the sort of basic mattress you would give away with a cheap bed. No padding and no support. After a couple of nights the low to the floor bed really takes its toll Also don't stay here if you have any mobility issues the stairs are narrow and steep with no lift option.
Cleanliness and maintenance seem to be low on the priority list with creaky badly fitted doors radiators that need bleeding windows needing cleaning and fire alarm that shouldn't be held together by duct tape.
The hotel uses a self checkin check out process which makes things very easy and cost effective but there doesn't even seem to be a staff member on site just a mobile contact number it just feels very impersonal.
The only plus sides are the location it is about a 10 min walk to the city centre and the trams and there is plenty of parking all around although it seems to be metered.

Stayed: April 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank Fun-beer-fan
sleep33, Owner at Sleep Sheffield, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2016

I am sorry this customer was unhappy with their stay. We were never given the opportunity to put any of these issues right during the stay. There is a note in each room stating "If you are unhappy with any aspect of your stay please let us know and we will be happy to assist". We heard nothing.

Our hotel information states that not all rooms are en suite. The customers are made aware of this at the time of booking and if booking through Laterooms.com have the option of booking single, double, superior or en suite. In the room information it states "Please note, bathroom facilities are shared". Our confirmation email also provides the information that the room are not all en suite. I feel we provided the information but it was not read by this customer.

The toilet room I will admit is small but not quite sure how large you need a toilet to be ?.

I am a little confused about the fire alarm "held together by duck tape". This is certainly not the case. We would never put a customer at risk. The alarm was activated on the Monday morning by a tile being dislodged in storm Katie. Water got in the roof space and tripped the alarm. We knew from what a customer read to us that the alarm had not been activated by fire. The siren alerted everyone in the building, everyone evacuated and there was a member of staff of site within 15 minutes.

We also state on Laterooms.com that we do not have 24hr reception.

In conclusion I am very sorry that this customer was unhappy. We are honest in what we offer and this is reflected in our prices. We are not a 5 star hotel but if you need somewhere to stay in central Sheffield with good, low cost rooms with a family run business then this is for you !.