“Something's amiss!”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 5 April 2018

Oh dear! This place has developed a problem, and it's down to the person who matches the description in other critical reviews. A couple of weeks ago, we went in at a quiet time when I would have thought customers would have been especially welcome, but all we got as a greeting was "yes?". The service lacked any charm and when we left - leaving the restaurant deserted - no-one bothered to thank us or say "good night".

I enjoyed my main course, though my companion reckoned hers was over-salted and said that, because of that and the poor reception, she didn't wish to return.

With restaurants said to be facing tough times - and with three new ones opening literally within a stone's throw of the entrance to King's Walk - something needs to change at Dolce Vita.

Reviewed 24 March 2018 via mobile

Visited here last night with a group of friends and had an excellent time. The servers were very attentive and we got our food and drinks promptly. The food was fresh and delicious. We had bread and olives to start and the bread was absolutely gorgeous. I had the sea bass, calamari and black risotto, which was absolutely delicious. Would really recommend. Place was packed and really buzzy. Prices were standard to high for some mains.

Reviewed 24 March 2018 via mobile

Very large group went for dinner. Very slow to start waiting 20 mins for drinks order to be taken. Food was fantastic and meals then flowed well after the initial 40 min wait. Good portions and fresh.

Reviewed 12 March 2018 via mobile

The most awful experience. Used to come here and always got warm family welcome. I made a reservation for my daughters 18 birthday lunch just me her and her dad. Made very clear at point of booking it was special occasion sadly father couldn't come but I rang restaurant to say it was just us 2. Had to move the booking time on the day by 30 minutes. When we arrived they were not aware it was just 2not 3 and this seem to annoy I think manager or owner in pale blue shirt and balding head. We were put on smallest table on the side I asked if we could have a table at the front with river view as the restaurant was empty save 2 other tables as it was special occasion and we won't take long. The unfriendly manager glared at me and said he didn't have small table at the front - clearly never mind table for 4 and all rest of the tables empty were not going to be even considered. So small uncomfortable table with view of ashtray full of cigarette butts on balcony and building works it was. At this point seeing how intentionally unpleasant the manager was I wanted to walk but my daughter insisted we eat there. Which we did and not a single person. Bothered to come and wish my daughter happy birthday or even put any flower etc on table despite then knowing it was her special day. Each time we wanted drink or food we had to try get attention not because the staff were busy as including us there were only 3 other tables but because they were busy yawning and chatting . Food was OK liver lovely mash and spinach watery. We didn't even finish drinks that's how awful the feel of the restaurant and treatment of is was. Paid £56 and left tip. One staff bothered to say thank you the horrid unpleasant manager in blue shirt stood by door as we were leaving and whilst looking at us didn't even say good bye or thank you. Considering we were polite and no trouble at all I consider this not just the worst dining experience I ever had but intentionally insulting and spiteful from the man in blue shirt not even giving us nice table knowing it was my daughters birthday. Of course all the river facing tables were empty as we left past the unpleasant man who found it too much to give us nice table some kind of birthday wish never mind thank you or good bye as we left. Awful. Will never return.

2  Thank katarinag00dwin
Reviewed 3 March 2018 via mobile

Went here for a valentines meal. Main was yummy and priced okay. For me the meal portions weren’t big enough but It is still a nice place to go.