Lowest prices for your stay
Novotel
Expedia.comUS$113
Hotels.comUS$113
TraveluroUS$114
1,745 results
All reviews separate toilet car park executive room swimming pool sauna and steam room the sofa bed close to the train station central location bars and restaurants early check high street leisure facilities centre of town saturday night business trip reception staff marissa
Selected filters
Reviewed 21 December 2021

Enjoyable stay even if only I night. Sadly the bar had closed by the time I got back from.dinner so didn't get to.sample that.
Room.was nice, though maybe a little.small. Nice king-size bed and power shower.
The only complaint would be housekeeping knocked on door twice even though I had put do not disturb sign up. Checkout is 12, so had not expected door to open at 930 and then another knock at just before 11. I was trying to enjoy a sleep in so a little annoying.

Date of stay: December 2021
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Bruno Alves, Guest Services / Front Office at Novotel Reading Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 31 December 2021

Dear TwickersTravel,

Thank you so much for choosing to stay at Novotel Reading Centre.

I am terribly sorry for the inconvenience caused during your stay due to the bar closure .

I have spoken with my Executive Housekeeper and I have requested that she urgently speak with her team to ensure that similar situations will not happen again.

For now, we do look forward to being able to welcome you back soon so we can hopefully fully exceed your expectations next time around and by way of apology I would like to offer you a complimentary upgrade for your next stay with us.

Bruno Alves

Reviewed 18 December 2021 via mobile

I expected more from Novotel, the room was in my opinion “average “
The prices were expensive and I was shocked that I was charged £16 per night for parking in very tight parking spaces.
There was quite a lot of street noise and not many socket outlets in the room.

Room tip: Parking fees are £16 per night! Also spaces are quite tight!
Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank robertbR7203UC

Dear robertbR7203UC,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Novotel Reading Centre. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

Thank you for your comments upon our parking. We will certainly take this into account.

Reviewed 17 December 2021 via mobile

I did book the room for the wrong days. But thanks for Bruno, he could change our reservation for the dates needed. Hotel was very busy, I was really surprised to get the room!
Check in was very fast, reception team work very efficient.
We are enjoyed the dinner in the hotel. The children menu was tasty and very cheap.
Thanks for great customer service from Anna in the bar, she made our evening relaxing:)
Sauna and steam room was nice and hot, children loved the pool :)
Good selection for breakfast, nice food, good service.
Thanks again for the nice stay!

Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear Natalparis,

Thank you so much for your kind words.

It was a pleasure to have you as a one of our guests at Novotel Reading Centre.

I am delighted to see that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you found all of our team members helpful and friendly, I would like to also thank you for the kind comments in regards to the quality of our service especially from Ana for whom I will provide your feedback and ensure he gets recognition within the team and from our management.

Once again thank you for a great feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Bruno Alves

Reviewed 16 December 2021

Stayed two nights and paid for parking which was a little tight although staff were flexible.. reading. Is a bit of a nightmare for cars generally so it’s a good option to have.. Health facilities are ok staff ok.. comfortable and clean..great central access.. however.. the bar opposite can be overly noisy to the early hours..

Room tip: Room to the rear to lessen any potential noise
Date of stay: July 2021
  • Trip type: Travelled on business

Dear Williamb32444,

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Novotel Reading Centre.

Reviewed 7 December 2021 via mobile

Had a great stay in reading and was so pleased to have found the Novotel - superb service, lovely staff, clean rooms and a great gym and pool
Breakfast was superb, kind and friendly staff who were very enthusiastic and helpful - Diana in particular was outstanding
Highly recommended

Room tip: Just go to the hotel- you don’t be disappointed
Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear Road37626366289,

Thank you so much for your kindly comments.

I am delighted to see that you enjoyed your stay with us, and am very grateful for the high scores you marked us. I will be sure to pass on your lovely comments with regards to our Breakfast team members.

Looking forward to welcome you back at our hotel .