1,372 results
All reviews separate toilet train station car park executive room swimming pool friar street steam room and sauna high floor central location sofa bed leisure facilities location is excellent bars and restaurants early check centre of town reading station reception staff
Reviewed 7 September 2018

Great for those travelling by train being less than five minutes walk from central Reading Station. Whilst centrally located there is no traffic noise when the windows are closed (albeit I stayed in a room at the rear of the hotel). Beds are large and comfy and rooms are spacious and clean.

Room Tip: Rear rooms are quiet
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled solo
Anne D, General Manager at Novotel Reading Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2018

Dear Guest,

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Novotel Reading Centre.

It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback. I will share your comments with our team. I am sure that this feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services, especially Alex and Jesus who will be over the moon,

Anne Dubruille,
General Manager.

Reviewed 5 September 2018

We have stayed here before with good experiences but were very disappointed this time. The service in the restaurant was virtually non existant as we had to show ourselves to a table and find a menu for ourselves. We even had to prompt reception to get somebody to take our order.The air conditioning in the room was not working, meaning that we has to open the window to get any sort of bearable temperature, hence exposing us to the delights of Saturday night revelry on Friar Street (until 4:30 am). Didn't get much sleep!

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Anne D, General Manager at Novotel Reading Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 7 September 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback received following your recent stay at the Novotel Reading Centre.

I would like to sincerely apologize if you feel that our service or product didn't meet your expectations. We will take your constructive feedback on-board to always improve our service and products. Your comments have been addressed with our Food and Beverage Manager to avoid the same situation to happen again.
Our Novotel hotels have an ‘air cooling’ system in place which does differ from air conditioning. This system is partly dependent on the external temperature. I can only apologize if this was not sufficiently effective on this occasion.

Thank you once again for your feedback, which is invaluable in our efforts to assess and continually improve upon the quality of our service. I hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Novotel and better meeting your expectations in the future.

Kind Regards
Anne Dubruille

Reviewed 4 September 2018

The hotel is located in a very convenient location, in the centre of town, close to the station and some of the nearby clubs/bars.

It was good value when I booked.

The room was spacious, all the expected amenities and was tidy and clean. The hotel was nice and quiet amongst the rooms.

The staff were very helpful in sorting my room. Hotels.com made a mistake with the booking and Jesus/Alex took a long time sorting my check in, and were apologetic and professional despite it not being their fault. They tried to check anything else they could do to make my stay enjoyable, and were welcoming when I returned later that evening.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled solo
Anne D, General Manager at Novotel Reading Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2018

Dear Guest,

It is always good to have you back and to receive such lovely words, I will pass your feedback to our amazing team. Hope you enjoyed our lovely leisure facilities, sauna, pool, gym and steam room.

Reviewed 27 August 2018

We stayed for one night during the heat wave. The air cooling system was working overtime, but the hotel left instructions on how to get the best out of it. The result was a lovely cool, comfortable stay. The Novotel Reading had great amenities as well. We took advantage of a swim in the pool, as well as the quite bar downstairs. Check in was a breeze, and the staff were very friendly. The room was a great size, with lots of cupboard space (and I mean LOTS), and a bar fridge. Great location with only a short walk to the train station, high street, shopping centre, restaurant strip, and historic abbey ruins.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Erin H,

Reviewed 20 August 2018 via mobile

Not very impressed with this hotel, a bit on the pricey side, stained carpet in the bedroom, bed mattress was hard and bedding was slightly unclean looking.
Parking is available around the back of the hotel and will cost you £12 for the night.
Man I met at the reception desk could do with a happy pill.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Anne D, General Manager at Novotel Reading Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2018

Dear Heather,

I would like to sincerely apologise if you feel that our service or product didn't meet your expectations. We will take your constructive feedback on-board to always improve our service and products.

Your feedback has been passed to the housekeeping and reception departments, they will investigate and action on it.

Kind Regards