Lowest prices for your stay
US$102
Hotels.com
US$111
Agoda.com
US$93
Expedia.comUS$111
PricelineUS$110
TraveluroUS$112
All reviews full english four poster bed selection of cereals breakfast was included good size would stay again central location dickens ensuite
Selected filters
Reviewed 28 August 2021 via mobile

Paid for by my care agency. I arrived late in the evening. It was booked through click travel so it took them a while to find my booking. The reception monitor was very flickery which didnt help. I was shown to my room. All the room doors were blue and had brass numbers. Corridors lit with footlights. My room was clean and the single bed was comfy. Pillows were new. The bed wasnt flush with the wall because the wall was an odd shape..The room had a wardrobe and good lighting. Carpets were clean and nice The curtains blacked out the outside light well. My room overlooked a car park. The windows were dirty as were the fan blades of the fan in my room. There was a TV but it didnt havr a signal. It wasnt until the morning that I tuned it. Reception on TV was good.The en suite had a shower basin and toilet. There was a hair dryer in the bathroom. Dowmstairs is a Dickens themed pub and reteraunt. There are lounge areas and a pool table. I had a nice juicy burger and fries and a cold beer. A major issue I had was the weak wifi and phone signal.
I slept well and the hotel was quiet. In the morning I had a nice hot shower. I went down to breakfast. There was a selection of cereals and coffee and apple juice. I had nice poached eggs and toast with marmalade and a pot of tea. It was spoiled by the tv being on loudly showing paralympic table tennis when i wanted peace and quiet. I reccomend the hotel despite its flaws. But perfection is hard to obtain. Thank you team. You are a credit to your company. Keep up the good work

Date of stay: August 2021
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 10 July 2021

We had a couple of nights to fill in waiting for our house boat in Reading, so decided to book Great Expectations for the good price and the location. We booked 2 rooms for myself and my husband and a twin for the teenagers. The rooms were a wee bit tired, but clean and serviced their purpose. The staff were all super friendly. Breakfast was included in the price too.

Date of stay: June 2021
Reviewed 14 June 2021 via mobile

Great place to spend the night!!

Staff were courteous and accommodating and breakfast was good.

Cheap and cheerful, would stay again!

Close to lots of life in the form of other places to eat in a pleasant environment!!

Close to secure parking facilities.

Date of stay: May 2021
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 May 2021

Paid for a four poster bed and had two singles pushed together. Mattress was lumpy,bath curtain had mould and plumbing rattled so loud all night every 30-40 minutes that sleep was impossible.
Complaint was totally ignored
DO NOT pay to stay here

Date of stay: December 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 September 2020 via mobile

Came here. Hadnt been here before but very impressed. Nice setting, friendly staff, nice food. Try the burgers!!! Enjoyed a game of pool. Definitely recommend coming!! Will 100% come back as they have a quiz night

Date of stay: September 2020