US$253
  • Restaurant
Millennium Madejski Hotel Reading(Reading)(Great Value!)
US$144
US$172
pentahotels Reading(Reading)(Great Value!)
US$182
  • Restaurant
Novotel Reading Centre(Reading)(Great Value!)
US$191
  • Pool
Ibis Reading Centre(Reading)(Great Value!)
US$178
US$157
  • Restaurant
Abbey House Hotel(Reading)(Great Value!)
US$177
US$163
Premier Inn Reading Central Hotel(Reading)(Great Value!)
US$204
PremierInn.com
  • Bar/Lounge
Beech House Hotel(Reading)(Great Value!)
US$184
All reviewsforbury hotelsound systemcerise restaurantmolton brown toiletriesbang and olufsenbeautiful hotelcocktail bartwo bedroom apartmentthe penthouseunderfloor heatingbreakfast in bedforbury gardensnespresso machinefresh milkthe main hotelboutique hotelwalk in shower
Reviewed 14 December 2017

Stayed in apartment last week
A bit run down, poor quality kitchen equipment
Curtains didn’t draw properly
Cold in bathroom as towel rails didn’t work
Very comfortable bed
Kept awake until 2 am due to a Christmas party which was irritating as tired for my meeting the next day

Stayed: December 2017, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Vicky P, General Manager at The Roseate Reading, responded to this reviewResponded 7 March 2018

Dear Stephy49

Thank you for taking the time to post your review regarding your experience at the hotel. It is disappointing to read that you did not enjoy your stay with us. The apartments are now closed as they are being fully refurbished into hotel rooms.
Please feel free to book with us directly for the lowest rate guaranteed when you are planning to visit us next time.

Reviewed 8 December 2017

Like a Victorian Prison, this hotel has no air conditioning or windows that open. I paid £140 for a red hot room on the 3rd floor, with a rave pounding from the ground floor and a crowd uprising shouting obscenities until 2am
The French Manageress's apology for my 'all niter' was - well its only Christmas - pity i didn't think - well its only money..
Do not stop hear unless you want to be miserable or if every other hotel in Berkshire is full

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank colinmI4265KG
Vicky P, General Manager at The Roseate Reading, responded to this reviewResponded 10 December 2017

Dear colinmI4265KG ,

I have contacted you on a separate email and hope to hear from you soon. The team and myself look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back to the hotel and to restore your faith in our service levels.

Reviewed 6 December 2017

I have stayed at the Forbury a number of times over the past few years, typically as part of an annual Christmas shopping trip with my wife. Staff are very attentive and go out of their way to make your stay as comfortable as possible. Rooms are typically quite large, big beds and well appointed. The hotel itself has just the right amount of old world charm and serves a great full-English breakfast until 11am on a Sunday. Possibly not the cheapest hotel in central Reading, but convenient, very close to great shops and restaurants and in my mind the overall experience represents good value for money. The only gripe is that as a hotel guest you still have to pay for parking @ £20 a day - ouch! Other than that I would highly recommend the Forbury for a night away with a touch of decadence.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Flash1605,

Thank you very much for your review of The Forbury Roseate. It was a pleasure to read your kind words regarding your experience and your thoughts of the hotel. I was delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us as of previous years and the service you received from the team continued to be exceptional. I will share your kind comments with the team, and we very much look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 5 December 2017 via mobile

I stayed here for one night on a business trip. The hotel is well location being only 500m from the train station and right in the centre of Reading.

I was in the main building in a superior room and the rooms are well kitted out with Molton Brown toiletries, Bang and Olfusen sound and TV in addition to a Nespresso machine.

The bedding is amazing but other areas of the room are a little tired. For example, the TV is clearly dated and even with 20/20 vision, the clarity of the me TV was poor and certainly not HD. The remote for the TV was filthy and the Nespresso machine was not clean. In the bathroom the sink took over a minute to drain and the wall was badly chipped. These issues are not major and can easily fixed but it is the little attention to detail that makes a hotel like this.

I visited the restaurant for dinner and it was busy. Sadly this led to ridiculous waits for food and then my order was wrong; that said they apologised and rectified which is all you can ask. For breakfast I thought the continental selection serving bowls were too small. For example the fruit was in a small bowl so after two guests it was empty. As a result bowls had to be constantly replaced by the staff.

I also visited the gym which is around 400m away. You need to ask reception in advance as they have to take some details and email you a pin code to enter. I have used this gym before but a small leaflet would help some to firstly find the gym and then how to enter.

On a whole a good visit and with a few small fixes could easily achieve 5 stars.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled on business

Dear flyboy1000,

Thank you for taking the time for posting your review.

We value your feedback, and this will be discussed with the relevant teams. We are reviewing the TV channels in the first quarter of next year and a soft refurbishment in the bedrooms after the busy period of Christmas.
We looked forward to welcoming you in the near future.

Reviewed 2 December 2017 via mobile

Let me start by saying we’ve been coming to the hotel for years! It’s been up there on our top 5.

As wedding planners we also recommend the hotel on our blog of 15k readers and to our couples personally as we’ve always loved it so much.

We checked in today - our first visit for over 6 months and boy have things changed!

Usually we get an amazing service where our car is valet parked (this has always happened!) but today there was a long 20 minute queue to check in with people in front of us complaining. We waited.

When we got to the front there was no ‘thank you for waiting’ and when we asked about parking the attitude of the lady was ‘we don’t do that so park it yourself’.

I had emailed that morning to say I was allergic to feathers. I thought it would be on their system considering the amount of times I’d stayed. It thought I’d check anyway.

I mentioned it on arrival and she just shook her head and said I hadn’t emailed. I told her the exact time but she said there was no email in the system. By this time I was getting annoyed. I found the email in my sent emails and showed her it. She shrugged. No apology. We did however get the bedding changed!

We then got to the room and I called down as the room was freezing. Apparently you can’t change the temperature yourself and they sent a small fan heater up!

Then we settled down to watch the final of X factor which we’d been planning on doing all day. ITV didn’t work. Called down and a man came and tried to put ITV on and told us it didn’t work. Genius. So we called down again to be told by the same member of staff that ITV isn’t working in the whole hotel. Great! No apology, nothing.

Unfortunately I’m still here. No TV, bad service throughout and I won’t be returning or recommending to my couples again.

It’s such a shame when you find an amazing favourite that goes completely downhill in all aspects. The name has changed to Forbury Roseate (from The Forbury) so I can only assume it has been taken over by a 3 star chain.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear willow3006 ,

Thank you for sharing your review of The Forbury Roseate. I was disappointed to learn that you were not satisfied with your stay. It was lovely speaking to you over the telephone and very pleased that you have accepted our offer to stay with us again in the future. Rest assured I will discuss your comments with the relevant teams. We value your feedback as we will always go above and beyond to provide the best experience possible for our guests.

I look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.