Free cancellation until 27/07
US$98
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$114/night.

Free cancellation until 27/07
US$91
US$55
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$66/night.

Ibis Reading Centre(Reading)(Great Value!)
US$76
US$68
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$77/night.

pentahotels Reading(Reading)(Great Value!)
US$86
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$100/night.

Hilton Reading(Reading)(Great Value!)
US$131
US$116
Hilton
  • Pool
US$206
US$76
Savings alert! 23% below average rates

The price you found is 23% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$99/night.

Novotel Reading Centre(Reading)(Great Value!)
US$107
US$97
Agoda.com
  • Pool
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$111/night.

Beech House Hotel(Reading)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 26/07
US$98
US$95
Premier Inn Reading Central Hotel(Reading)(Great Value!)
US$84
PremierInn.com
  • Bar/Lounge
US$83
PremierInn.com
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 14 July 2017

Unfortunately i did not read any reviews and really should have as this would have save me wasting my time and money. On the approach to the hotel you are greeted by a burnt out wing. On check in, i had to wait for someone to check me in as no one was about. This person finally arrived with the charisma of a dead rat. No engagement at all, not even a smile. The lift was out of order, which i was not told. My room was spacious, which was the only bonus. The room was in a dire state. Ripped wall paper, Door handle that was broken and not secured. Stains on the carpet. TV with only 5 channels, and cold showers. I even spoke to reception about the cold showers and was told, that they have a problem with the water and they have to flush the system twice to get hot water. but would have a look. I went out that evening and on return was met with the receptionist near my room and said you now have hot water as i have just been in your room. Guess what in the morning No Hot water, so another cold shower. The hotel advertised WI-FI and a gym, both are not available,
Their website is very miss leading as the pictures on their website must have been taken years ago, as this hotel is a dump. They should be honest to people on their website, and show it as it really is A Dump. Avoid this place,

Room Tip: Go to another hotel
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
2  Thank cazash
Reviewed 11 July 2017 via mobile

On our recent trip to London my wife and I decided to stay at the Reading Lake Hotel as my wife had stayed there 6 years ago with her sister. The room over looking the lake was just £60 so we weren't expecting too much which was just as well.

Upon pulling into the car park we noticed that half the hotel was derelict which appeared to be due to a fire. At the reception when booking in we were asked to pay up front which is a first for me.

Our room was very tired, the chairs had holes in the fabric and the walls were dirty and in need of a paint. The bathroom had not been redecorated or replaced since the property had been built sometime in the 1980's and the whole place felt neglected.

The bed sheets though were clean and the view from our well weathered balcony was delightful. Food in the restaurant was good but the wine didn't match it.

Overall you get what you pay for and here is definitely on the grubbier side.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mwcentralfc
Reviewed 5 July 2017 via mobile

This was clearly once a nice hotel with stunning lakeside views. However, now with a burnt out wing and abandoned rooms it's eerily quiet and strangley reminiscent of the shining. The staff were friendly and the food was OK but everything else was tired, dated and dire need of renovation

Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 July 2017 via mobile

I had read reviews of this hotel just before leaving home having looked up the postcode ... my heart sank, having been so excited for a getaway without children.
On arrival no cars in the car park I actually thought we were in the wrong place. But we checked in .. I was worried .. the receptionist gave us the key to our room telling us to make sure we bring it back or will would be charged £10!!!
The room (suite) was so sad looking - see pictures ! No comfort, views of a burnt out building, expensive wine and poor food. I could go on but there is just no point! This hotel should be closed down now !!! 4 stars !! I wouldn't rate it any!!! Avoid avoid avoid - the owners should be ashamed of themselves for opening and advertising this as a "hotel"
I was so surprised to see the receptionist doing a wedding show around in the morning - I wouldn't have my funeral here let alone a wedding!!! SHUT THIS PLACE DOWN !

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 June 2017 via mobile

We arrived. View..... burnt out wing of hotel to our right. Not a good start. Went into hotel..... no one in the reception. Didn't like the look of the place straight off. Asked to see the room? We had to take the stairs as lift was out of order. Went into our room. Oh dear. Damp smell. Dirty black marks on settee arms. Worn off varnish. And the list goes on......No way, so we went back to reception and said about the room. The manager understood. We left and went to another hotel. I cannot recommend at all.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple