Millennium Madejski Hotel Reading(Reading)(Great Value!)
US$196
US$107
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$122/night.

Ibis Reading Centre(Reading)(Great Value!)
US$77
US$66
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$74/night.

Novotel Reading Centre(Reading)(Great Value!)
US$113
US$96
Savings alert! 19% below average rates

The price you found is 19% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$119/night.

pentahotels Reading(Reading)(Great Value!)
Savings alert! 28% below average rates

The price you found is 28% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$104/night.

Hilton Reading(Reading)(Great Value!)
US$157
US$138
  • Pool
Premier Inn Reading Central Hotel(Reading)(Great Value!)
PremierInn.com
  • Bar/Lounge
Savings alert! 22% below average rates

The price you found is 22% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$96/night.

US$52
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$63/night.

Beech House Hotel(Reading)(Great Value!)
US$96
US$93
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$105/night.

US$109
US$72
Priceline
Savings alert! 23% below average rates

The price you found is 23% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$94/night.

PremierInn.com
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 11 July 2017 via mobile

On our recent trip to London my wife and I decided to stay at the Reading Lake Hotel as my wife had stayed there 6 years ago with her sister. The room over looking the lake was just £60 so we weren't expecting too much which was just as well.

Upon pulling into the car park we noticed that half the hotel was derelict which appeared to be due to a fire. At the reception when booking in we were asked to pay up front which is a first for me.

Our room was very tired, the chairs had holes in the fabric and the walls were dirty and in need of a paint. The bathroom had not been redecorated or replaced since the property had been built sometime in the 1980's and the whole place felt neglected.

The bed sheets though were clean and the view from our well weathered balcony was delightful. Food in the restaurant was good but the wine didn't match it.

Overall you get what you pay for and here is definitely on the grubbier side.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mwcentralfc
Reviewed 5 July 2017 via mobile

This was clearly once a nice hotel with stunning lakeside views. However, now with a burnt out wing and abandoned rooms it's eerily quiet and strangley reminiscent of the shining. The staff were friendly and the food was OK but everything else was tired, dated and dire need of renovation

Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 July 2017 via mobile

I had read reviews of this hotel just before leaving home having looked up the postcode ... my heart sank, having been so excited for a getaway without children.
On arrival no cars in the car park I actually thought we were in the wrong place. But we checked in .. I was worried .. the receptionist gave us the key to our room telling us to make sure we bring it back or will would be charged £10!!!
The room (suite) was so sad looking - see pictures ! No comfort, views of a burnt out building, expensive wine and poor food. I could go on but there is just no point! This hotel should be closed down now !!! 4 stars !! I wouldn't rate it any!!! Avoid avoid avoid - the owners should be ashamed of themselves for opening and advertising this as a "hotel"
I was so surprised to see the receptionist doing a wedding show around in the morning - I wouldn't have my funeral here let alone a wedding!!! SHUT THIS PLACE DOWN !

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 June 2017 via mobile

We arrived. View..... burnt out wing of hotel to our right. Not a good start. Went into hotel..... no one in the reception. Didn't like the look of the place straight off. Asked to see the room? We had to take the stairs as lift was out of order. Went into our room. Oh dear. Damp smell. Dirty black marks on settee arms. Worn off varnish. And the list goes on......No way, so we went back to reception and said about the room. The manager understood. We left and went to another hotel. I cannot recommend at all.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank johnny g
Reviewed 26 June 2017

I don't like to write bad reviews, but this hotel is a dump!

I'm sure it was once lovely, as a Copthorne, but it's been taken over. I have a lovely large room with a balcony. Standing outside and looking back, I can see bare wood where the varnish is gone, a broken door frame, and the "lake" appears to be heavily poluted with some kind of pale-blue chemical. Or a very strange colour algae. In the room they have "no smoking" notices left on the desk, still branded as Copthorne. At least the room is clean, but there's little else going for it. There's no wifi in the rooms, and the wired connection, although fast, won't let me use Skype (I can connect through my phone, which will cost a fortune). Checked out the restaurant on the government food hygiene site, and it scores 2/5 for cleanliness. The staff don't seem to have any uniforms - just tatty t-shirts for the woman on reception. Rubbish left in the car park (broken bricks, etc.). Will not be coming back, will not be eating here. Their website is totally misleading. Oh, and one wing of the hotel appears to be burnt down. Minor point but work mentioning.

Room Tip: Try a different hotel!
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business