“I wish I could leave 'no' stars!!🙈”
Review of Crescent Hotel

Crescent Hotel
Ranked #30 of 31 Hotels in Reading
Reviewed 5 August 2017 via mobile

I turned up with few exceptions for £49, I left having had a dreadful night and ended up paying £59 for no discernible reason!! I could've argued the toss with the unbelievably surly guy at the desk but after the effort I had to make to get a receipt for payment I decided to let him keep that poxy tenner in exchange for this review!!
Quite simply the worst nights stay I have experienced anywhere.... ever!!
It's impossible to list all the problems here but imagine everything as bad as it could be and go down from there!!
If you can't run a hotel then don't run a hotel!!

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family

Reviewed 10 July 2017

This bed & breakfast was our worst experience ever for my family and I. We were doing a canal trip so decided to stay in area the night before. Parts of the hotel were delapidated, plaster falling off walls, and extremely dirty. The bedrooms fared no better, all 3 rooms dirty. The lampshades have not been dusted for a very long time, No tiles in our bathroom just plaster. Shower not worth using, toilet seat broken, no bulb in light, hairdryer broken, I could go on and on.... Noise from other residents until the early hours. The palce so dirty we all decided not to risk eating anything so forgo our breakfast!! A complete rip off and not worth the money we paid. We would not have stayed at all only one of the rooms had a non returnable deposit so we were stuck. Couldn't get out quick enough. How it has a 5 star hygiene rating poster is a real mystery!!!! BEWARE

Room Tip: There isn't one!!!
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 July 2017

I was booked in to stay for two nights and I was so appalled I left within two hours of sitting in the box room I had been given. It was a shared bathroom that was disgusting. There was dust on the lamps, paint all over the furniture and holes in the walls. I would suggest the owners have a revamp of the place because it is situated in a good location and it has free onsite parking which is handy. Little bit of TLC needed!

Room Tip: Don't pick the rooms with the shared bathrooms
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 July 2017

Reading other reviews I'm baffled. Staff were unfriendly and rude, the hotel & rooms were tired and in urgent need of redecoration. In between the mould in the bathroom and the pealing paint above the shower we were shocked. The only redeeming thing was the beds were comfortable.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 June 2017

me and three friends shared a family room as we were going on a night out in reading, the room was a great price, we were slightly wary from the reviews we had read but when we got to our room we were pleasantly surprised the room was a great size and lovely and clean, the staff were really friendly and even made us breakfast a little later as we missed the breakfast time!

would visit again thank you!

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends
Jaz121, Manager at Crescent Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2017

Thank you for giving your feedback.We really appreciate your effort to write your review.
Normally when people are happy they do not give any review, but when they are upset for any services they do.
Thanks again