Lock in the lowest price from these sites
FindHotel
Hotels.com
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 5 January 2021

My family and I were blessed to have found this local gem in Reading while we waited for our rental accommodation to become available. The owner is hands-on, helpful and genuinely wants his guests to enjoy their stay. It is a lovely, warm and homely hotel with a beautiful garden. I can highly recommend them!

Room tip: Rooms on the top floor were perfect for us.
Date of stay: December 2020
1  Thank CareyTaylor83
Reviewed 7 January 2020

Three of us were guests of this hotel: my husband and I and our son (in a separate room). We loved our rooms, breakfast was tasty and the staff most pleasant, polite and helpful. We most certainly will stay here again.

Room tip: there is no elevator
Date of stay: December 2019
Reviewed 1 November 2019 via mobile

Everyone at Beech House was really friendly and helpful. Public areas are very comfortable. The breakfast was nice and service attentive.

There’s quite a lot of parking available at the hotel which is a bonus too.

The only negative really was the room size and decor. My room was small, with a small bed, which was ok for one but would have been a bit small for 2! The decor is a bit dated and furniture tired.

Date of stay: November 2019
Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank RugbyMarkOC
Reviewed 16 October 2019 via mobile

Modestly tucked away off the Bath Road into Reading, close to the centre (walking distance, if you've got 20mins and want to help the environment) and across the riad from a Beefeater.
This is a small lyxury hotel, run umpeccably by a charming family. I felt at home after only one night and there is an almost dreamy atmosphere of calm and efficiency which relaxes you at the end of a hard day.
No. 1 choice when work or other needs bring me back to Reading.

Date of stay: October 2019
Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Nick B
BeechHouseReading, Manager at Beech House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 October 2019

Dear Nick B

Thank you for your lovely feedback. We are delighted that you enjoyed all aspects of your stay, and have passed on your kind words to all the staff. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Beech House on your next trip to Reading.

Best regards

Reviewed 13 July 2019

I've stayed here a couple of times in June and will be returning in July. The rooms are very comfortable, and the staff very friendly and helpful. There is no lift, but that's not a problem as without asking the staff carry all your bags to your room. Breakfast is very good, and again the service is excellent. I often visit Reading, and this will be my place to stay of choice.

Room tip: I like room 11
Date of stay: June 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank Alan_D_Hudson
BeechHouseReading, Manager at Beech House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2019

Dear Mr Hudson,

Thank you for your lovely review. We are delighted that you were happy with all aspects of your stay and look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Kind regards