“Pre cruise stay”

Ranked #123 of 660 Restaurants in Reading
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Me and my husband took four of our Grandchildren who we foster on a cruise.we wanted to break the journey to Southampton up so I searched online for a hotel not too far away.
My search came up with The Berkshire arms.

Review collected in partnership with Greene King
Richard L, General Manager at Berkshire Arms Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Hi there

Thanks for taking the time to provide us with a review.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I booked online and soon released that id make a honest mistake in the location as I booked it through trip advisor.

So I rang up to cancel half a hour later, I asked if everything is sorted and I was told yes you won't be charged.

A few days later They charged me full price and when I rang up to see why I had be charged I was told it was there policy to charge me even though I didn't stay there.

So Its Berkshire Arms policy to rob people?
Can't call it anything else that ROBBERY!.

Not happy. Not recommended.

Hi David

I am disappointed that you feel that you have been given bad service. This is not the level of service we aim to deliver and rest assured this will be looked into.

If you would like to give me a call to discuss, please call on 01189714114.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Excellent food and excellent staff

Ive been here so many times and had 1 bad experience...but we all have off days.
Love this place

Hi Liam

We value your feedback and thank you for taking the time to provide this.

We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

After 3 nights spent here and 3 nights of eating here i can honestly say we had a great time. Menu is a bit samey and wish there were some rice and more pasta dishes on the menu though.

Review collected in partnership with Chef & Brewer

Hi Kathy

I am glad to hear you had a great time.

In respect to your comments around the food, I will ensure this is fed back to our head office to consider when the menu is next reviewed.

We look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 12 May 2018 via mobile

Very happy with the food; tastey and decent portion sizes. Had the vegan buger and then the chocolate torte which was to die for! Really good service from the waitresses, will be back again in no time

carl g, General Manager at Berkshire Arms Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Hi Jess

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback. I am glad that you enjoyed your food and that our team looked after you during your visit - I will ensure this is fed back to the team.

Many thanks and see you again soon.