“Excellent Indian, well worth a visit”
Review of Red Rose

Red Rose
Ranked #151 of 678 Restaurants in Reading
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 16 January 2017

We managed to bag a last minute early doors table on New Years Eve. With a little person in tow we didn't want to eat to late, so it suited us to eat early and the staff managed to squeeze us in.

There was a little confusion on finding our table, but that's probably because it was a busy night. However, we were soon seated.

Services was speedy and efficient and the food was delicious, I had a chicken bhuna and it was one of the best I have had at any Indian restaurant and I would definitely come back to have it again.

My one and only niggle was the continually ringing phone, I assume it was take away orders. We were sat at the back of the restaurant near to an open service area into the kitchen and the phone rang non stop the entire time we were there. As we were eating earlier the take away business would have been busy, but it did somewhat ruin the atmosphere. I would suggest a quieter phone or to relocate the phone to somewhere further away from restaurant customers.

That little niggle aside I enjoyed our meal and would definitely come back.

Reviewed 9 January 2017

Visited again last night (numerous visits over the last 20 years) this time for our daughter's birthday. As usual we were made so welcome and we love the ambience and décor in this stylish restaurant. Being a Sunday and not such a busy evening there was still a nice atmosphere. There were six of us in our party and we all enjoyed different dishes which were delicious and promptly served. We were not hurried in any way and enjoyed our evening, the waiters were friendly without being over so and the owner even called to wish Louise a Happy Birthday, such a nice, thoughtful touch. Thankyou Red Rose for a lovely evening.

Reviewed 2 January 2017

We are lucky to have this place on our doorstep, its an excellent place to eat Indian food, the food is excellent and so is the service. It has won awards in the past and should do so again

Reviewed 19 December 2016 via mobile

Always consistently good from Dhansak to Vindaloo, saag paneer or bombay aloo. Great local restaurant or delivery.

Reviewed 4 December 2016 via mobile

My group and I met for a quick meeting followed by a meal. The restaurant was very busy and a few people were waiting for their takeaways. The restaurant and toilets seemed clean and had a good atmosphere. There were a mixture of couples,families and friends. Although our drinks order was taken promptly we had a very long wait for our food.
I recommend this restaurant but not on a busy Saturday night when you're hungry.
The food was tasty and served on hot metal plate heaters in the middle of the tables so your food stays hot and you serve yourself. A group can order a dish each and then share.
There was one step up to enter and the restaurant is on one level inside however the tables are placed close to each other so at times the diners need to squeeze into their tables.