“Afternoon Tea”

Browns Brasserie and Bar
Ranked #88 of 664 Restaurants in Reading
Price range: US$8 - US$30
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Welcome to Browns ReadingRubbing shoulders with chic boutiques and vibrant galleries, Browns Reading is the perfect place to soak up the cultural buzz of Berkshire’s well-connected hub.Whether at work or play, Browns offers a uniquely relaxing atmosphere. Unwind over a plate of freshly cooked, modern food. Start your weekend in style with one of our expertly mixed cocktails. Or reward the day’s efforts with a glass of what you fancy from our well-chosen wine and beer rangeLook at the map and our contact details to see how to find us.
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Very disappointed with Afternoon Tea yesterday. The tea was cold, the savoury selection was minute and the ‘scones’ were the size of profiteroles and ball shaped! We all left hungry.

BrownsReading, Manager at Browns Brasserie and Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2018

Hi Vicky S, very sorry to hear about your recent experience with us however we are bound to the specifications we get sent from head office so everything that was given was the true portion size we provide. May i ask was the cold tea mentioned to the staff on the day? as we would have been more than to happy to provide a fresh pot for yourselves if the first pot was indadequate.

Once again our apologies if your afternoon tea was not sufficient for you and have passed your thoughts on to our kitchen development team to digest.

Regards
Assistant Manager

Reviewed 5 April 2018

My wife and I were looking for a bar in Reading early evening. We've been to various Browns across the UK many times over the years and always found them to be consistently good. On this occasion I need to mention the bar team of Craig and David. Both were attentive, enthusiastic, interesting to talk with and excellent in their roles. We will be returning soon.

General Manager A, Manager at Browns Brasserie and Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2018

Hi thanks for your review and have passed your comments on to David & Craig and look forward to seeing you again soon!

Kind regards

Reviewed 3 April 2018

Went there for my daughters birthday. I cannot fault the food, the service in any shape or form, but I did have to swallow slightly at their prices. I felt the chateaubriand was well over priced for the amount on the plate and it greaves me to see €23.65 on the bill for service charges. I wasn’t going to make a fuss about it, but your staff do get a wage for their service and the tip should be up to me. I feel this wherever I go. I have eaten better for lesser the price and a better selection. But thank you anyway we had a nice evening. Don’t think I’d go back.

Hi Sally, thanks for your review the Chateaubriand is of course meant to be about quality not so much quantity but have passed your comments on to our menu development team for consideration. But glad you enjoyed the service and your evening and i hope that you reconsider your stance on not returning.

Kind regards

Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

My partner, some friends and I came here and had the most fantastic waiter, David! Excellent, prompt service, friendly and very professional, wonderful experience and fab food , would highly recommend!

General Manager A, Manager at Browns Brasserie and Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2018

Hi Maisie B, we are very happy to have provided you with such a positive experience!
We look forward to your next visit! Take care!

Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

Nice restaurant, lovely food but the cocktails were to die for!!!! Craig behind the bar was the guru of cocktails and gave us recommendations to suit our pallet, spot on!!!!!
Highly recommended, won’t disappoint.

Mjs8119, thank you for your kind review; we are happy to pass along your comments to Craig.
We look forward to your next visit! Take care!