“Wolf in sheeps clothing”
Review of The Lyndhurst

The Lyndhurst
Ranked #18 of 675 Restaurants in Reading
Price range: US$4 - US$31
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Fresh seasonal british food with a twist, cask ales, craft lagers & fantastic cocktails.
Reviewed 9 April 2018

Don't be put off by the casual atmosphere this is a great place to eat- a real "find" The service is really friendly and efficient and the food well prepared. I had a mac n'cheese with broccoli and truffle oil it was delicious and the steaks the rest of my family had were cooked to perfection and beautifully presented. We did have desert based on the excellence of our mains and the chocolate mousse was really good. The only thing I would have said was that I would have preferred my desert on a plate not a board, I think it would have looked better. The days of "boards" have gone, but this is as you can see a very minor thing introduced for balanced view. Thanks The Lyndhurst

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Great little bar with super friendly staff and good selection of drinks, but - Oh. My. God. The food. It was amazing. Way better than anythung else in Reading at the moment that I have tried. And even though I am not vegan, I noticed it has good vegan options too, which pleased my vegan friend.

Reviewed 28 March 2018 via mobile

Just moved in round the corner and went for a quick meal after work. High quality food and lovely wine (I had the broccoli, black truffle & barkham blue mac and cheese)
Smart looking pub with great staff, great food but still the comfortable feel of a local pub. Will definitely visit again.

Reviewed 21 March 2018

I'd recently read very good reviews of the food here and wasn't disappointed. The casual atmosphere really appealed as did the attention to detail with the place setting. The service was excellent - as well as tending the bar, the staff actually cleared the table as soon as we had finished - something overlooked in most restaurants these days. We had the confit duck scotch egg which was excellent. For main the lamb was perfectly cooked - rare and was tasty. The mac and cheese was well seasoned and tasty. Both dishes were presented beautifully and the portion size was perfect. Our first selection of wine wasn't available, but an alternative was perfectly acceptable. The cocktails we had were also very tasty and rounded the meal off well. Highly recommended!

Reviewed 17 March 2018 via mobile

The food here is what keeps us coming back. This is not the average pub menu. So far (about 8x) everything we’ve had has been delicious. They also have nice local ales to choose from. The service is always great as well. Always friendly.