Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
ibis Styles
Hotels.comUS$68
PricelineUS$68
TravelocityUS$68
Orbitz.comUS$68
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 27 January 2022

The hotel is in the centre of Reading but am afraid that's the only good thing about my stay.
The hotel smells of curry has no lifts room was shabby and damaged. No tea and coffee in the room. No pre booked Gluten free breakfast ready. Sadly no one responds to emails either.
Even as an Accor member I won't return stay in The usual Ibis next time.

Date of stay: January 2022
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Reviewed 8 December 2021

Awful. Check in was not straightforward and seemed to take forever actually 30 min and it was not busy.
Very poor facilities and attitude
Lack of management
Staff hopeless and incompetent
Noise from road at front of hotel was dreadful.Room small And smelly. The rooms smelt of curry from the downstairs restaurant.

Date of stay: December 2021
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 18 November 2021 via mobile

I booked this place based on the ibis name and didn't check any reviews. Error.
I thought I'd got a bargain hotel which was displayed as special offer, discounted rate, so much cheaper than the others....
At first, I wondered why it seemed like the hotel was actually just rooms above an Indian restaurant, but then it hit me. It is just rooms above an Indian restaurant !

I echo what everyone else has said. Comfy bed but awful looking room.
TV worked.
There was air conditioning but no remote to operate it.
Previous reviews have amusingly summed this place up brilliantly and there is no need for me to repeat their efforts. However, they compared it to a poor relation of HMP establishments, but they had a kettle and I did not.

If you want a laugh and you aren't afraid of wasting money and looking like a cheap skate at the same time, book this place.

I am now very much aware that Ibis styles are franchises and there is no guarantee on what you get. Like buying a lottery ticket but a lot more expensive.

Date of stay: November 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 November 2021

Very average food. Roast beef very fibrous although lean bits tender. Stacks of vegetables, but quantity over quality. Service started well ,but went down hill.. Clean enough, but disappointing. Have been coming here for same functions for several years, gradually gone down hill.

Date of stay: November 2021
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 October 2021

When i arrived at the Hotel - the receptionist advised that i had not paid for my room despite me holding an email that proved that it was a pre-paid rate and i had nothing more to pay. He didn’t give me much information like when breakfast would be or where - just scribbled down the wifi code - not particularly friendly or welcoming. The room itself was clean but pretty cold and dingy feeling. The corridors were run down and floorboards very creaky. No hot beverage facilities in the room which is probably blamed on covid but most hotels have now found ways around this and restrictions have now been lifted. The shower was pretty poor and flush on the toilet tempermental. There were people waiting adjacent to the reception as if they waiting for a clinic and filling out forms. Just found it a very diverse setup. The hotel appeared to be part of the indian restaurant next door. I had a terrible view from my room of just brickwork and a roof which was taken over by pigeons and their noise - not the fault of the hotel. I am normally a huge fan of the Accor brand and love the Ibis properties for budget stays but this really felt more like a hostel. I don’t wish to give a “terrible’ rating on the basis of what i paid. On the plus side the bed was comfortable, the tv worked and there was a hairdryer in the room. I definitely would not rush to stay here again unfortunately.

Date of stay: October 2021