“The best Indian in Reading, it could be!”
Review of Royal Tandoori

Royal Tandoori
Ranked #110 of 678 Restaurants in Reading
Price range: US$9 - US$16
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: The Royal Tandoori Restaurant in the heart of Reading serves only the finest Indian food. All of our dishes are prepared using the finest spices from India and the freshest produce. Most of all, our food is authentically Indian. Here, at the Royal Tandoori you can even hold parties in our banqueting rooms.Why not come and sample our superb Indian food waited on by friendly staff? Call us now to make your booking!
Reviewed 30 March 2018

Was a little dubious of the claim to be the best indian in Reading especially as it appears to be part of an Ibis budget hotel. Boy was I wrong to pre judge this place. The food is fantastic. Mango lussi particualry good. Good range of dishes on the menu and reasonably priced. Good pickle tray with the poppadoms. Tawa fish starter amazing! Liked the decor too, wonderful huge bollywood photos on the wall. Staff are attentive and friendly. Booking on a saturday evening a must. Have been back already since first visit. Love it.

Reviewed 21 March 2018 via mobile

I came here on a recommendation from the gent I came with as it's his favourite place in Reading for curry. He's a vegetarian and I'm not however I opted for veggie dishes so we could order lots of different dishes and share so I could try a fair amount. They have a massive selection (vegan too) and we're both very good eaters and this place not only offers large portions but the quality of the food is amazing! Our server, Alex was fab and provided everything we needed. I wanted a dish that wasn't on the menu and it was no trouble at all, hats off to the chef's! The restaurant has very elegant decor and the toilets are squeaky clean (always a good sign in my opinion). All in all a great experience.

Reviewed 21 March 2018

Had a lovely meal last tuesday night whilst staying at the Ibis styles Hotel Reading. I found the food very tasty and the staff very helpful and friendly. The restaurant was very busy when I arrived at 7.15pm

Reviewed 17 March 2018 via mobile

Staying in Reading a lot for work I have had the opportunity to sample a lot of the restaurants around the oracle area, one of my must visit again has just become the Royal, friendly staff despite being very busy, it was full on a Wednesday, but the highlight is great food really tasty without too much heat, can’t wait to go back

Reviewed 1 March 2018 via mobile

Although they lost our booking we enjoyed a meal for 3 with great tasting food and swift service for a Saturday night. There could be more chutneys with the pappadams and my veggie Jalfrezi, although tasting good, seemed to just contain mixed frozen veg. I may try another dish if I return.