“Beautiful food and very good menu”
Review of Royal Tandoori

Royal Tandoori
Ranked #110 of 678 Restaurants in Reading
Price range: US$9 - US$16
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: The Royal Tandoori Restaurant in the heart of Reading serves only the finest Indian food. All of our dishes are prepared using the finest spices from India and the freshest produce. Most of all, our food is authentically Indian. Here, at the Royal Tandoori you can even hold parties in our banqueting rooms.Why not come and sample our superb Indian food waited on by friendly staff? Call us now to make your booking!
Reviewed 30 September 2017

The Royal Tandoori is inviting from the outside and comfortable inside with a relatively modern contemporary feel.
The menu is relatively extensive and appear so to offer just as many vegetarian dishes as non-vegetarian dishes. As well as some classic dishes there, plenty of the more unusual such as egg pakodas. Certainly made it difficult to choose and an immediate desire to return, just to see what the other dishes are like.
The food itself was excelllent. Lamb beautifully tender. Tandoori dishes nicely spiced, and biryani served with a cucumber raita rather than a vegetable curry.
I was with a group so there was a chance to sample a few different curries. I don't think anybody was dissappointed and I'll certainly go again. Might even make it our default take-away ;-)

2  Thank Halfhighlander

Reviewed 21 September 2017

This restaurant is a firm favourite when eating out with friends in Reading.

Seating a little tight with some people squeezing between seats instead of using the walk ways which was annoying. A bit too noisy at times - chatter not music.

Service was good, food arrived promptly. Food was excellent, with good choice. Never had a bad meal here. By the number of people eating there of Indian descent, you know its probably got a good reputation.

£20/head for 4 including selection of nan, sides and a drink each. So one for the odd treat rather than a day to day venue.

Mr Crow left with a very full belly.

1  Thank Mr_Crow_9
Reviewed 17 September 2017 via mobile

This is our second visit to this restaurant. Unfortunately we did not book...but the staff manged to get us a table. This was to the back of the restaurant. ..in a conference room. This was not a problem for us..we were hungry and we're given the menu.
We were looked after by the staff. Nothing was too much trouble. The food was lush! I had a fish curry...I asked for it to be a little hotter..extra chilli.. it was perfect. My husband had a chicken dish... (,can't remember ) too many beers!! Lol...it was full of big chicken pieces and lots of sauce. We had a garlic nan and a portion of pilau rice. I have never tasted such a light and fluffy rice! Perfect with my fish!
This is one to visit if in Reading.
Well done to all the pleasant and helpful staff.
Hope to see you all again soon.
Tina x

1  Thank Tina C
Reviewed 6 September 2017

The food and service here is excellent, I have only visited once but will definitely visit again!

Beautiful interiors, very good waiting and bar staff were quick to serve and very friendly. Menu very varied catering for lots of tastes, food delicious, very well spiced and bursting with flavour. The green chutney they put on their onion bhaji's is to die for

Very impressed overall, very good experience here and probably some of the best indian food I have had in Reading.

However be aware that if you are sensitive to spicy food be careful what you order! (this was not an issue for my as I love it, but the spiciness of the 'medium' curry I ordered rather took me by surprise). Also service can be quite slow when they are busy, and make sure you book a table before

1  Thank Geeea
Reviewed 14 August 2017

Went here with some friends on a Saturday night. Place was packed with stag night groups and was quite noisy. It was also difficult to get the waiters attention. We had egg pakodas, sheekh kebab and some bhajis to start. Not keen on the spicy popadoms, plain were better. For mains the stand out dish was the devilled lamb, it was hot and spicy. We also had king prawn dansak, chicken tikka jalfrezi and some side dishes. We were a bit disappointed that they tried to add a kulfi costing £3.50 on to the bill which we hadn't ordered. It was removed when we asked for it to be taken off. A service charge of 10% had already been included so really disappointing.