Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
US$114
vocoHotelsUS$114
PricelineUS$114
TravelocityUS$114
1,141 results
All reviews football stadium madejski hotel atrium bar match days football match football ground green park reading fc two double beds business park free wifi family room leisure facilities changing rooms air con room was large excellent hotel
Selected filters
Reviewed 27 April 2022

I stayed here recently with my mum and sister. It was a 60th birthday present for my mum.

The hotel is okay. Pretty basic and not to a really high standard. All of the staff were so lovely and helpful, can’t fault them at all. The room was really nice and big and the beds were comfortable. It is not a fridge in the room but a cooler - however for one night this was fine. It was all clean enough apart from the grout in the bathroom staining the towels brown.

We had room service dinner and it was ok but literally just pub food standard, for an expensive price.

The spa area is pretty dire. It was really quite unclean and is very small. We didn’t want to stay long which was a good job as you could only book 45 mins at a time.

We had a nice time but it wasn’t the really nice place that we had expected from pictures/ description/ other reviews unfortunately.

Trip type: Travelled with family
IHG Service, Guest Services / Front Office at voco Reading, an IHG Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Hello Becky K,

We appreciate your feedback. It is great to hear from one of our valued guests.

Here at voco, we make sure that every guest experience nothing other than excellent and frictionless service. I am sorry for what happened during your stay. I've shared your comment with our hotel management for review.

Hoping you'll give us another chance with your business to show that your unsatisfactory stay was an exception.

Stay Safe!

Carl J.

Reviewed 18 April 2022 via mobile

Having stayed previously and had amazing service and experience was not at all taken with this stay.

Pool area, pool and spa pool were questionable. Floor was not clean and pool and spa were cloudy and spa full of foam. Whole area tired and a little grim really. Spoke to a few visitors who voiced concerns with cleanliness of this area. Looked like it needed a really good deep clean.

Rooms were also not 1st class I’m looking at a huge stain on the curtains in 260. If I can see the dark brown stain then others should be able to see it as well.

Beds were comfy and bathrooms were ok in room.

Breakfast was good and lots of choice. Service was good there as well.

Took 2 calls to reception to get something fixed in the room. Appreciate your busy but just let us know it’s being taken care of. I suspect that had I not made the second call 90 mins later we would still be waiting.

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank delyth13
IHG Service, Guest Services / Front Office at voco Reading, an IHG Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2022

Hi delyth13,

Voco Reading thank you for the feedback about your stay with us. Our hotel is the perfect place to enjoy a quality stay in an environment that makes us different.

I received your comments and I am sorry that your stay was not satisfactory due to unforeseen issues. I understand your disappointment about these matters. I send your message to our local area managers and have taken action to rectify our errors and avoid this from happening again.

I invited you to visit us on your next trip we know you won't regret it.

Warm wishes,

Oscar C.
IHG Service

Reviewed 9 April 2022

As an IHG member I am becoming increasingly frustrated with VOCO Reading and their lack of customer service. The bar in the hotel now opens later and later on matchdays, losing the hotel income. Whilst I write this there are 5 members of staff cleaning the restaurant, yet none are able to open the bar until 12 o clock! People using the bar on matchdays are also customers, please treat them with the same respect as you do your paying guests, otherwise we will go elsewhere

Trip type: Travelled with friends
IHG Service, Guest Services / Front Office at voco Reading, an IHG Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2022

Hi Kevin D,

Thank you for your recent stay and for sharing your feedback. Although we have limited service hospitality, we strive to offer a seamless and relaxing stay. I'm sorry to learn that your stay was not as comfortable as it's supposed to be because of the opening hours of the bar. We take feedback seriously and would like to get more info to share this with the relevant teams. I sent you a separate message and hope you respond soon.

Your loyalty is exceptionally important to us and we hope you choose IHG still on your future travels.

Best Regards,

Jenilyn J

Reviewed 21 March 2022

Grandmother, mother and three children (aged 5-9) have just spent a delightful weekend at this hotel.

We had a family room (5 beds) and this comes with all the extras that one requires with children. Kettle, fridge, hot chocolate sachets as well as tea and coffee (we took our own milk). two towels per person and wonderfully comfortable beds.

The staff were were excellent with the children. Catia on reception went out of her way to engage with the children. The restaurant staff were efficient and charming and really looked after us. We had dinner in the hotel and there were crayons and paper to keep the children busy. The food was delivered reasonably promptly and was delicious. The staff work very hard at being hosts. The swimming pool was well organised and the staff there too offered help (extra towels for long haired girls).

Breakfast was wonderful with every choice to suit every palate and the buffet was replenished frequently. Even when we were rather late to breakfast we were offered all the choices.

Having a swimming pool as well as the visit to Legoland meant that we all had a real holiday break. Highly recommended and thanks to the staff for being utterly charming.

Everything was good quality from the bedding to the food and the service.

Room tip: WE had a family room which was large and well appointed. It overlooked the air park but we heard no noise anywhere.
Date of stay: March 2022
1  Thank Liz M
Reviewed 13 March 2022

I needed a 1 night stopover hotel near Reading and had a nice enough stay.
First thing to mention is that Voco Hotel offers free parking - sadly a rarity these days!
I chose a Premium King Room which was lovely and big but the furniture was very worn and marked.
The best thing about the hotel is the staff. They’re friendly and professional and I got a nice warm welcome. They are also following Covid guidelines and have hand sanitisers dotted around.
I ordered room service for dinner and the food was very nice although terribly overpriced.
There was no card in the room to fill in for room service breakfast, so I had to ask reception to bring one up for me; rather than bringing a card to hang outside on the door handle as is the norm, they brought a piece of paper which I then had to fill in and take back down to reception - I was already in my jim jams at this stage so had to get dressed again to take the paper down.
My cooked breakfast arrived with no cutlery, and although it did have little pots of jam and marmalade, there was nothing to spread them on as there was no toast, and there was no option for toast on the form you have to fil in the night before.
Overall my stay was OK.

Date of stay: March 2022
IHG Service, Guest Services / Front Office at voco Reading, an IHG Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 March 2022

Hi Bubbles73uk,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us.

Complete guest satisfaction is our topmost priority. I'm sorry to hear that your room service breakfast experience fell short of your expectations. I recognized your remarks about the condition of the furniture in the room. I shared this with our hotel management along with your feedback about pricing. I'm certain that your comments will be used as a reference for us to serve you better in the future.

We appreciate you as one of our valued guests. I hope you'll consider us again in your future travel plans!

Safe travels,