All reviews le cafe football stadium atrium bar cilantro restaurant football match green park football ground room service club room free wifi business park good size leisure facilities air con plenty of parking car park room was large
Reviewed 27 August 2018

An excellent two night stay at this hotel in an disabled friendly room with all available convenience for my disabled husbands needs! Staff friendly and very helpful! Food was nice but expensive! Fresh towels each day with out having to ask ! Will definitely stay there again!

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank W7143IXians
MillenniumMadejski, Manager at Millennium Madejski Hotel Reading, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2018

Thank you for your review. I am delighted that your stay with us was a pleasant one and I hope we can have the opportunity of welcoming you back to the Millennium Madejski Hotel Reading in the future.

Reviewed 27 August 2018 via mobile

Stayed here when travelling for work, food from le cafe wasnt great. Room was fantastic and the staff were wonderful, so friendly. Colleagues had rang and asked if a note could be left in the room for me and the staff printed the message on a hotel card and left it by the kettle. Excellent service 5*

Stayed: August 2018, travelled on business

Thank you for your review. I am delighted that your stay with us was a pleasant one. We always welcome feedback from our guests in order to improve on our services going forward and I hope we can have the opportunity of welcoming you back to the Millennium Madejski Hotel Reading in the future.

Reviewed 27 August 2018 via mobile

Really lovely stay. Comfortable room with good quality amenities.
Breakfast food was one of the best quality hotel breakfasts I’ve experience and definitely something for everyone.
Walls are a little thin as we could hear the guest next door fiddling with the switches consistently behind our headboard but that’s only an issue for me as I’m an incredibly light sleeper.
It was a little irritating on the first nigh that despite ordering ‘room service’ my partner had to go down to the restaurant to pay as the portable machine wasn’t working and no condolence was offered but the meal was pleasant-however we get that these things happen and it wasn’t a huge inconvenience.
Probably the most notable occurrence was when my partner ordered a ‘honey roast ham’ sandwich for room service the following night. What he received was ham, with mustard and sun dried tomatoes... we have no idea why we received it as we did not order it, it was not on the menu, and it frankly tasted rather bizarre.
Other than that it was enjoyable and thoroughly relaxing. Will be recommending to friends/family and possibly using again next year.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your review. I am delighted that your stay with us was a pleasant one. We always welcome feedback from our guests in order to improve on our services going forward therefore I have passed your comments on to the relevant head of department for review. I hope we can have the opportunity of welcoming you back to the Millennium Madejski Hotel Reading in the future.

Reviewed 13 August 2018

Hotel was clean and tidy with plenty space in room. Free wi fi worked okay. Bathroom clean and tidy with no leakage. Breakfast first class all fruit fresh and large choice of cooked food. Would recommend and stay again.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with MillenniumHotels.com
MillenniumMadejski, Manager at Millennium Madejski Hotel Reading, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2018

Reviewed 7 August 2018

Our stay started with a 25-minute check due to the member of staff being in “training”, which actually meant that she was left on her own to muddle through what should be a simple booking system. I was asked for my reg number 3 times and then we were almost given somebody else’s room with a similar surname due the language barrier, another lady finally came over to help but they still couldn't find our booking! Stood there for so long we were made to feel like we were trying try to scam them for room!! I had to email to confirm my booking so eventually they managed to sort a room out.

I was then told we had been upgraded but the upgraded room was in fact the room I had booked in the first place. The trainee was then left to finish off our check in but was not sure whether our dinner was included (it was) or where we could eat.

The hotel is tired (clean) but tired and is not good representation of what in the photos online. The pictures online must be 10/15 years old! the decor is from the 90s.

The bar in the hotel never plays music and feels like a church. clean and very bright though, a bit like sitting in a large conservatory. I asked the bar man for a recommendation on where I could take my partner for a romantic drink with a bit of atmosphere and he recommended Walkabout..Seriously?

The restaurant advertised on the website within the hotel is closed and we were offered no explanation as to why. Our 3 course AA meal was in the hotel cafe 'where breakfast is serviced' to top it off when we asked what the substitute meal choice was, we had to wait over 20 minutes for someone to print a menu off, after 2 separate chefs came out to talk about it and a supervisor.

All asking us the same question and blaming someone else, way over the top reaction on the staff's part while other diners where sitting eating their food!

There's no champagne bar advertised on the website, just an empty bar where it used to be.

The gym/pool area is also very tired and half the size it looks online. the pool was full of kids all day from the word go along with family's getting their money’s worth, not a place for a romantic weekend, with what seem to have no maximum people at a time.

The evening meal was substandard, both main courses where fine. But starters and deserts where dry and tasteless, eating it it’s from that feeling you get when food has been prepared and left for some time.

Room Tip: suite or club rooms are the best, but all very tired decor
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
MillenniumMadejski, Manager at Millennium Madejski Hotel Reading, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2018

Thank you for your review. We always welcome feedback from our guests in order to improve on our services going forward and I have noted your comments and passed them over to the relevant heads of department for review & re-training where necessary.