Lowest prices for your stay
Hotels.com
eDreams
US$100
View deal
Expedia.comUS$135
TraveluroUS$121
HurbUS$137
3,237 results
All reviews q park huge bed quiet room bar area car park would stay again central location toiletries pillows plug uk
Selected filters
Reviewed 22 March 2022 via mobile

Stopped off in Reading for the night and what a perfect little stay it was! The room was very big with huge bed, and very clean. Staff at reception were friendly and helpful.

In the room it would have been nice to have a bottle of water each (it’s a small bottle) and also a robe each (there was only 1) but apart from that, a lovely stay and will definitely recommend!

Date of stay: March 2022
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Pentahotel Reading, General Manager at Pentahotel Reading, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2022

Thank you for the review, Katherine.

So glad to read that you had a Great stay with us and appreciated our spacious rooms and huge beds at Penta, Reading.

We are always on hand to provide extra robes, slippers, water and other amenities on request.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 21 March 2022

Great location for town and the Face Bar, massive rooms, TV with youtube and games which I have never seen before within a hotel. The bar and downstairs area looked really cool and we had no noise at all from our room even with sleeping with the windows open all night. Really generous check out times.

Only given 3 stars because the bathroom absolutely STANK of urine it was awful and we tried to go and get help but no one was there. We were also woken up at 9am from a call by Reception saying we hadn't paid and didn't believe me until I went down and showed her my online banking and emailed her a screenshot showing I had been charged.

Date of stay: February 2022
Reviewed 21 March 2022

Checked in late in the evening. Despite email confirmations received and a booking number, the reservation could not be found. The check in duty person finally found a paper reservation in a drawer. They then advised the room had not been cleaned and was not ready . Alternative room finally assigned but it was a long and frustrating process.

Room heating did not work. Duty person brought a portable heater to the room later.

Followed up with a complaint via the booking portal as well as direct email to the holel however there was no response.

Breakfast was good and sufficient

Reviewed 20 March 2022 via mobile

2nd time here. Staff efficient and friendly. Free array of games in bar ( computer, pool, pinball and table football) plus live music makes it somewhere you want to be in the evening. Automatic 3pm check our for everyone on a Sunday. Rooms comfortable and modern. Bed fantastic.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Pentahotel Reading, General Manager at Pentahotel Reading, responded to this reviewResponded 21 March 2022

Game. Set. Match

Delighted that you had an amazing stay here at Penta hotel.

We strive to provide the perfect stay on every occasion.

Proud to be Labelled a 'Great Hotel'

Looking forward to welcoming you back soon

Reviewed 18 March 2022

A colleague and I stayed at the Penta hotel one night while on business.

The hotel has a funky look to it with neon lights and a pool table in the bar area. The reception area is large and looks great.

The rooms again have a modern / funky stye to them. My room was clean. It had 2 three-quarter sized beds in it which I couldn’t really understand why… Why not just have one double bed?

I had to ask for an iron in the room as they are not provided as standard.

One strength of the hotel is the staff. Without exception the staff were friendly and approachable.

Breakfast was great. It’s a buffet but warm and a good choice.

I paid £32 for 2 double gin and tonics, which seemed steep, but that might be the Northerner in me?

The hotel is ideal for a business stop over being a short walk to town where there are lots of eateries.

I wouldn’t really say this is a hotel for a romantic break but for business, it is perfect. Next time I am in Reading on business, I would stay again.

• Trip type: Travelled on business