“Live music and good cocktails”
Review of Cafe Tarifa

Cafe Tarifa
Ranked #298 of 686 Restaurants in Oxford
Reviewed 1 week ago

Visited here a while ago as I was out with a few friends looking for some entertainment after our meal elsewhere. Every Thursday, they have live music from local artists and they serve a good selection of cocktails too.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

This is a stylish bar with a Spanish/Mediterranean theme that serves cocktails, drinks and some food. The decor is very original and the seating areas are very comfortable. It's very popular for brunch as well as evening g drinks. There is a lovely outside garden area

Reviewed 19 January 2018

Really good value Saturday brunch, food excellent and a limited but good choice, I would rather have a small choice that is delivered well than a big choice that is mediocre. Reasonable selection of wines. Staff surpassed themselves ans could not do enough to make this an excellent experience

3  Thank 1Minerva9
Reviewed 31 October 2017

Four of us on a quiet Sunday night in Oxford and we found this lovely restaurant just past the Magdalen Bridge. The atmosphere was really welcoming - pretty lights, eclectic selection of music and great service from all the staff but the food was a real delight and a bit unexpected to be honest, so late on a Sunday. We had Shakshuka, fish and chips, gambones and pork loin - so a real mix - and it was all really, really good. The Spanish toast also deserves a special mention as it was honestly the best I've ever had including that eaten in Spain and Italy.

4  Thank BimKentUK
Reviewed 25 October 2017 via mobile

I’ve been coming here fairly regularly since it opened and have always loved the vibe and the drinks. However the last three times I’ve visited something has changed. The cocktails have not been great quality and the service has been so so slow. Last night it took the bartender twenty minutes to make two cocktails. Twenty minutes!!! Other customers were leaving to go elsewhere because they couldn’t be bothered to wait. My friend was wondering what had happened to me. The time before I ordered a mojito for a friend which was watery, not shaken and flavourless. I didn’t bother complaining because I saw some other customers do so and the bartenders looked pretty irate. Come here for wine and the litres of beer (especially on happy hour). Go elsewhere for cocktails.