“best ice cream place in oxfordshire”
Review of IScream Oxford

IScream Oxford
Ranked #2 of 19 Dessert in Oxford
Price range: US$0 - US$3
Description: Gelato and sorbetto made freshly each day on the premises. The gelato is made using un-homogenised Guernsey organic milk.
Reviewed 2 November 2015

Tried quite a few flavours here and they were all mouthwatering! Some people might say its too pricey but I think for the quality you get is worth it.

1  Thank Cici o

Reviewed 31 October 2015

Went in here on spur of the moment with children. The serving staff really friendly - even my daughter commented on this! The ice cream is top notch and they also serve nice coffee. There is a seating area inside where the children could eat the ice cream. All good. No complaints whatsoever.

1  Thank Andrew M
Reviewed 30 October 2015

Went in a bit after 5 as everything in the Covered Market was closing. I had a hard time deciding what to have as everything we tasted was delicious.Service was friendly and accomodating – we were given tastes of whatever we wanted to try and weren't rushed to order. I hope I have a chance to go back while I'm in Oxford – the ice cream was heavenly.

1  Thank Taradactyl2
Reviewed 27 October 2015 via mobile

Unfortunately, I do not agree with other reviewers giving the an excellent rating. It is very good but if you have had true Italian gelato it does not measure up. The flavor (coconut) was excellent but the texture was not as creamy and smooth as it should be. Maybe a bad day, maybe a bad lot. The store is very clean, the staff very friendly, and there is a good selection of premium chocolates.

2  Thank P A
Reviewed 25 October 2015

Was it because I was probably the last customer of this Sunday,

Following my previous rave review, this was a real let down today, I swore that as an ice cream -a - holic I just love the stuff, I would return to iscream every time I visit Oxford.

I can tell anyone where the best ice cream parlours are in almost every town,

Today I had the triple helping of ice cream in a waffle cone,

The ice cream was part lumpy ,almost as if it had been re-frozen, it tasted just like sweet milk I could not taste any of the three flavours,

A real let down I am sorry to say, had the shop not closed shortly after I had left I would have returned for a refund.

I'm not sure whether owners bother to read or take notice of reviews but lets wait and see?

5  Thank spencerstephen27
555Gmac, Owner at IScream Oxford, responded to this reviewResponded 26 October 2015

I am extremely sorry you had a bad experience yesterday. The gelato and sorbetto's are made on the premises on an almost daily basis and I am shocked if you found the flavours indifferent and if you had sorbetto, ice crystals are often likely to form by nature of the fact they are non-dairy, especially after a particularly busy day with the cabinet doors being opened and closed throughout the day.

I would be happy to meet with you personally and reimburse you.

Graham MacDonald