“Loved this place!”

Cuisines: French, Mediterranean
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 20 February 2018

For starters, this restaurant is a maze, much much bigger than it looks on the outside. We had a table upstairs in the corner, which was perfect for a romantic meal.

The waiting staff were really friendly and very helpful, recommending, but not pushing items on the specials menu that were similar to your order from the main menu as an alternative. They do a great fixed price menu for £25 for three courses in the evening, and the specials are also included in this, which is not always the case in some restaurants.

Ok, so the food. Honestly, the best food and complete three course meal I've had in a long time. I'm still dreaming about the lamb rump in a red wine jus - also had a lovely king prawn and squid ink risotto to start. My partner had escargots to start, and the beef fillet which were both amazing - to finish a creme brûlée and a tarte tatin. Gorgeous!

We had a delicious wine, and it was a lovely evening - as it was a birthday meal (not mine), I was especially pleased that the food, the service and the ambience were as lovely as they were.

Would really highly recommend. We nearly went back the next night, but restrained ourselves, and did some more exploring. Book if you are set on eating here, as we went fairly early (6.45), on a Friday and it was pretty full. Otherwise, you may well be disappointed. That said, the staff never seemed rushed or too busy to attend to you - I guess they are used to the frantic pace!

2  Thank Liz M
Write a ReviewReviews (1,913)

Reviewed 20 February 2018 via mobile

The cuisine is genuinely French, it is not only the menu.
From the experience of the entire group (12 people selecting different starters and main courses) it has been unanimously positive.
The decoration is nice (countryside bistro style) and the service is efficient and smiling.
A very nice place for a relaxing dinner.

1  Thank Pierre M
Reviewed 20 February 2018 via mobile

We didn't get off to the best of starts, trying to get in the door and not crush the children infront of us in the process resulted in a snappy waitress telling us to shut the door, as if we weren't aware that the door needed closing but can you let me come through it first?
I know it's good to be busy but it was chaotic And very cramped. The food was fantastic, I cannot fault it at all but I wouldn't recommend a Saturday night. when it came to the point of ordering desserts after a few bottles of wine we were rather merry and I'll be honest a bit on the loud side despite the fact at this point the 2 tables around us were now empty we were asked to be quiet. I didn't appreciate this at all, if you're in hospitality you expect noisy customers especially at 9/10 at night after a few bottles of wine. We left feeling embarrassed and uncomfortable, clearly customers aren't allowed to celebrate here with any form of volume. Customer service needs work.

1  Thank Becky1986_25
Reviewed 19 February 2018 via mobile

My girlfriend and I stuck our heads in at 6:30 after a day of sight seeing to see if they could fit us in, and after a bit of shuffling they managed it.
The food was really nice. We can definitely recommend the mussels and venison. The service was quick, efficient and friendly.
I was very pleased at the prices too. Very competitive.
The menu had a very nice range, I could have happily eaten here again.

2  Thank NickRoberts1812
Reviewed 19 February 2018 via mobile

Beautiful French interior with French waiting staff, the menu is written in French/English and adds to the atmosphere. Very very nice food and whilst the waiting time was a little longer than expected the taste of the food was amazing and worth it - was busy at the time of eating so could also be the reason for the waiting time. Ideally book beforehand as people who hadn’t were unfortunately turned away. Would definitely eat here again and maybe try a dessert next time

2  Thank Olivia M