“Cracking Curry House”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 30 May 2018 via mobile

Came here during a course I attend nearby with workmates. I have a well established curry house I go to in Cowes, which I still think is the best but this was a very good visit I must say.

The food was very tasty and brought out very quickly, washed down with a nice Argentina Malbec. My only slight criticism is that the food is not very well presented giving the high quality it is.

Well worth a visit if in the Oxford are, very good.

Just like to say thankyou to Eamon in The O'Neils pub on the nearby corner, good recommendation when we were having a drink. Cheers!

Per Ardua 96

Reviewed 21 May 2018

This is my favourite Indian restaurant - anywhere. I know I'm prejudiced, but on my latest visit I took along some friends who have recently been to India, so the bar was set fairly high. They were very impressed, both by the quality of the food and the good service. Our server made some suggestions which turned out to be excellent ones. A wonderful evening all round!

Reviewed 4 May 2018

Located just off George Street (the centre of Oxford's night life) is this popular Indian Restaurant. Good vegetarian dishes and excellent breads,

Reviewed 3 May 2018 via mobile

Found this place while looking for somewhere to eat before a show at the theatre. Staff ok. Not overly friendly. Nice and clean restaurant. Ordered a veg Korma. Was basically veg in cream. No coconuty flavour as you would expect. Rice and poppodoms were ok. My partners meal was ok but nothing to write home about. Was expecting more from the oldest Indian restaurant in Oxford! Probably wouldn't return unfortunately as so many other places to eat in the city.

Reviewed 30 April 2018 via mobile

Popular place judging by the big crowd. Turned out to be correct. Splendid dishes perfectly made. Perfectly spiced, never bland. Friendly and attentive staff. Highly recommended.